**Tesco value tablet - The Hudl**

Soldato
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24203271
http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/23/tesco-low-cost-hudl-android-tablet/

The 7" tablet market just got even more interesting! It looks great value for money.

Specs:
Rockchip RK3188 (28nm HKMG, Quad core cortex A9 @ 1.5GHz and Mali 400 @ 533Mhz.)
1GB ram?
7" screen @ 900p (looks decent enough to me)
16GB with microSD slot.
HDMI out.
Built by Archos.
Minimal branding.
9 hour battery life.
£120 or £60 with Tesco vouchers.

It should offer better performance than the 2012 Nexus 7, let's see if Tesco/Archos/Rockchip deliver top software support.

Caporegime
It definitely looks like it costs £120 if that makes sense. Also begs the question of whether this is where Android tablets are naturally headed.

Soldato
OP
Android tablets have always occupied the sub £100 market, this is the first one that isn't a bad (not including skinned service tablets like the Fire and Nook)

£60 is a cracking price for existing Tesco shoppers and a great option for kids, esp when it gets 4.3 and the restricted account functionality. It would be a great option for schools too, I bet they do a new equipment for schools drive. :)

Soldato
Is there any more concrete info on what clubcard vouchers you actually need to get it for £60 as one of these would be perfect for my travels and I shop at Tesco with my clubcard!

Soldato
Is there any more concrete info on what clubcard vouchers you actually need to get it for £60 as one of these would be perfect for my travels and I shop at Tesco with my clubcard!
From the endadget link:
Tesco says it'll double the value of ClubCard vouchers put towards a Hudl purcahse, meaning customers can pick one up for free if they have enough points for a £60 voucher. There's also an offer coming for Blinkbox vouchers, designed to tempt you into Tesco's content ecosystem that complements its first foray into hardware -- we hear the promotion starts next week and vouchers will be half-price, so you'll be able to get £20 of streaming content for a tenner.

Soldato
If I can get one for £60 (with vouchers) im going to replace my parents ancient Tomtom

It has GPS so as long as I get an satnav app and download the maps over wifi it should be good for when their out

and a 7" screen is a lot larger than their tomtom so it should be easier for them to see :)

Soldato
There seems to be some confusion in this thread with the whole £60 in vouchers bit.

You need clubcard points to turn into vouchers which Tesco have said they will double the value of, which means if you have £60 worth then the tablet will be free. If you have £10 worth then Tesco will double the value of your vouchers to £20 etc.

You can't just go out and buy vouchers, you'd have to do loads of shopping to get £60 worth of clubcard vouchers!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Dont even a own a tablet yet. You think it could be rooted and all the TESCO bloatware/ branding, Tesco button gotten rid of ?

Soldato
It doesn't look to be full of bloatware/branding really. Just remove any widgets and disable any apps (or completely uninstall if they haven't preinstalled in /system).

Back
Top Bottom