**Tesco value tablet - The Hudl**

Soldato
23.14 and still only 19% charged....

Really?
(I'm not using it either, it's just sat there on the desk plugged into the PC.)

I could understand the upgrade from iTouch to iPad..

I already have a few apple products so I could have understood if she got the iPad or iPad mini. That would have been the logical thing to buy if you were hell bent on buying a tablet, despite being told point blank not to bother getting one as it would be a waste of money and something that wouldn't ever get used.
She's not tech savvy at all andf can only just about play solitaire on the pc.
When I'm out, I have the phone.
When I'm in, I am sat here on the PC
I made it plainly obvious to the point of being blue in the face every couple of weeks when the subject came up again. No I don't want a kindle, No I don't want a tablet, No I don't want an iPad. No I don't want a laptop that the lid comes off. Just ****ing NO.
and I literally said all that!
I just don't get it.
(or the bloody hudl)

Soldato
Lawdy lawd. It's charging slowly because USB ports on PCs don't supply enough power compared to mains power USB chargers.

You're really not doing yourself any favours with the faulty arguments you're making.

Stop crying over if and being so ungrateful. It was a gift that you received for free, it hasn't impacted you.

Soldato
I already have a few apple products so I could have understood if she got the iPad or iPad mini. That would have been the logical thing to buy if you were hell bent on buying a tablet, despite being told point blank not to bother getting one as it would be a waste of money and something that wouldn't ever get used.
She's not tech savvy at all andf can only just about play solitaire on the pc.
When I'm out, I have the phone.
When I'm in, I am sat here on the PC
I made it plainly obvious to the point of being blue in the face every couple of weeks when the subject came up again. No I don't want a kindle, No I don't want a tablet, No I don't want an iPad. No I don't want a laptop that the lid comes off. Just ****ing NO.
and I literally said all that!
I just don't get it.
(or the bloody hudl)

sound like she got it a while ago (possibly a spare of the moment thing) and has tried to get you to come round to the idea, seems it may of backfired.

they still sell quite well so i would just sell it if you really dont want it before its lost most its value.

Soldato
Nope, when I opened it she mentioned that I hadn't bought anything at the dive show (which was two weekends ago now) so she went out and bought it then.
She also mentioned it can be returned within fourteen days!
I may get her to do this, it's infuriating to use.

Soldato
She took it back today, no quibbles thankfully.

I was in a rage with it this morning again after downloading the twitter client and having it doing things I didn't ask it to do (touch screen inaccuracies) so gave up with it.

Associate
Tempted to get one of these for my lad, but not a tesco shopper.

Tesco direct is out of stock - what are the chances of a local(ish) superstore having one?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Picked one up last night. They seem to have lots of stock but the white and black ones sell out if your fussy about colours.

As for the tablet itself i cant really fault it for the price. No issues with watching movies at 720 (not tried 1080), youtube, emails etc all very very good. Not infected with too much bloatware. Its all done via apps so you can just disable so its all well and good.

(also rooted mine just for the hell of it, but there is no need to really)

Soldato
Looks like Tesco have announced that the Hudl 2 will be out in 2014. No word on specs yet, so will be interesting to see what they improve and whether they will up the cost a bit, or stick to the same price.

Caporegime
So are these any good? I've not really looked at tablets since getting my N7 last year, but for Christmas my GFs mum got a Galaxy Tab 3 7", and my mum recently bought a Hudl for free using doubled up Clubcard Vouchers, and from just fiddling with them I think my mum got the better deal by far?

Better specs than the Galaxy, better screen, better look and feel (ignoring the massive bezel), and cheaper.

Seems like you would be stupid not to get a Hudl if your in the ~£100 tablet market? The only better option is maybe the 2012 Nexus 7?

Associate
The Hudl is really close in spec to the 2012 Nexus 7, so I'd go for which ever you can grab the cheapest (Hudl gives a better screen, Nexus 7 gives latest Android and lots of custom ROMs). I used Clubcard points to get mine which, with the double points offer, makes the Hudl such a bargain.

Caporegime
Yeah, its a shame my GF steals all my clubcars vouchers :p. Its for her anyway so serves her right!

Either way I can't see any reason to get a Galaxy Tab 3? It just looks.... pants?

Back
Top Bottom