**Tesco value tablet - The Hudl**

Soldato
Is anybody having issues with the calendar view set to month on their hudl? My father has one and it just displays a few coloured blocks rather than any titles at all. It's up to date and he's even gone as far to reset it to no effect. Any ideas?

Soldato
Two in my local store last week. One had frozen and the other had restrictions on it so I couldn't do anything on it :-/ looked decent for the price though

Soldato
Slightly annoyed, as for months and months I've been saying I don't want a tablet as I have no real use for one, at a push I'd have an iPad but not at that price..
Guess what I got for my birthday today.

FFS I would have rather had the money!

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Slightly annoyed, as for months and months I've been saying I don't want a tablet as I have no real use for one, at a push I'd have an iPad but not at that price..
Guess what I got for my birthday today.

FFS I would have rather had the money!

Is it that bad?

Soldato
Yea just ungrateful :D
So if you tell someone for months and months "literally" I DO NOT WANT A TABLET..
they buy it for you anyway (a few days ago) wouldn't you be a bit annoyed that money could have been better spent. Hell just give me the money instead!

It's alright actually, from the little I've played with it.

I'm thinking I might set it up as "hers" and add her mail address to it and wipe my stuff off it. I just can't see the point in one.
My phone takes better pictures
My phone fits in my pocket
My phone has wider coverage than just WiFi

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea just ungrateful :D
So if you tell someone for months and months "literally" I DO NOT WANT A TABLET..
they buy it for you anyway (a few days ago)

It's alright actually, from the little I've played with it.

I'm thinking I might set it up as "hers" and add her mail address to it and wipe my stuff off it. I just can't see the point in one.

Ah, the joys of buying a gift for yourself, labelling it as a birthday gift for your other half, knowing they wouldn't want it. :p

Soldato
It takes fooooooooorever to charge!!!!!!!!! Got home from work..(just before 7pm) it's flat, so I put it on charge, two hours later.. 11%
I have yet to find how to set a "home page" in Chrome so when you open it it starts at the home page and not where you last left off!
Rotating the device from landscape to portrait screws up web pages.
Youtube layout is annoying at best.
I can't find a way to add a folder to the email client
The Camera is carp
I don't shop at Tesco and I can't remove their software..
It's not in the least bit intuitive. :mad:

Associate
you tell someone for months and months "literally" I DO NOT WANT A TABLET..
You sound like my son .... in a fit of generousity last year I suggested he might like to have his ipod touch upgraded to an iPad mini for Christmas and he refused saying that he couldn't see the point of tablets.

Soldato
It takes fooooooooorever to charge!!!!!!!!! Got home from work..(just before 7pm) it's flat, so I put it on charge, two hours later.. 11%
I have yet to find how to set a "home page" in Chrome so when you open it it starts at the home page and not where you last left off!
Rotating the device from landscape to portrait screws up web pages.
Youtube layout is annoying at best.
I can't find a way to add a folder to the email client
The Camera is carp
I don't shop at Tesco and I can't remove their software..
It's not in the least bit intuitive. :mad:

Nearly all these points have little to do with this tablet specifically.

Associate
The One Show a couple of nights ago had an item on the new set of cheap Android tablets. They gave a selection to a family who were normally mac/ipad based for them to try for a few days .... made amusing watching as they all seemed to express stunned surprise that something that wasn't made by Apple might actually be usable! In the final ratings all but one of the family chose the Hudl as the best - one daughter chose a Lenovo tablet but from her previous comments that may have been because it had the loudest speakers!

Back
Top Bottom