Tesco's USA sweet goodies!

Soldato
Wow, Tesco have got an amazing section on their world foods aisle. Tons of stuff from america that you could previously only get from certain department stores like Fenwicks. And guess what? They've got Lucky Charms cereal and it's £5 a box, cheaper than ebay. I want to try them and also a Baby Ruth chocolate bar since it's very famous.:)

Also I'm tempted by the quaker cinnamon and spice grits. Anyone tried grits? Is it nice, similar to porridge?

G93Em.jpg

WPfUa.jpg

Soldato
Oh Pop Tarts. Gimme. I still have some s'mores ones my parents got me while they were living in Canada.

Somehow though, I doubt the Tesco near me will ever stock this stuff. :(

Caporegime
Mountain Dew?.

You can get Mountain Dew here in the UK but its called Mountain Dew Energy, its pretty much the same stuff you get over in the States and Canada.

Available pretty much everywhere but getting the real deal isnt possible unless you ship some over or find somewhere that does the real mountain dew.

For me the energy mountain dew does the job for me, i cant really tell the difference between the American MD and the ones u get here.

Don
You can get Mountain Dew here in the UK but its called Mountain Dew Energy, its pretty much the same stuff you get over in the States and Canada.

Available pretty much everywhere but getting the real deal isnt possible unless you ship some over or find somewhere that does the real mountain dew.

For me the energy mountain dew does the job for me, i cant really tell the difference between the American MD and the ones u get here.
If it tastes the same that's good enough for me, I'll see if I can track some down.

Caporegime
Twinkies? Really want to try one!

Dont...they really arent that good. Having lived in Canada for a good 20 yrs i could never quite understand why kids over there liked Twinkies. I prefer the cakes you get over here, much more tastier.

If it tastes the same that's good enough for me, I'll see if I can track some down.

They arent hard to find, i usually pick up a few bottles from my local tesco express. Stick to the lime green ones though, the bright orange MD's are in a nutshell absolutely rank :/

Soldato

No. It really is not. I've had several different genuine American Dews and they dont taste the same as the stuff we get made over here. Especially the green one. That one tastes like rat ****! The red energy one is tasty though.

Soldato
Twinkies? Really want to try one!

Personally I find twinkies are completely overrated. There basically an average tasting sponge coated in syrup, with an average vanilla cream filling.

I bought a box of 10 and only ended up eating about 4 of them. I gave a few away and binned the rest.

Soldato
They are pretty **** to be honest. Can't understand the fuss about them but at the same time can understand why the company that made them went bust.

I suppose its down to the fact that Americans have grown up eating those products for generations, so for them they truly are the muts nuts.

Even though I have a serious addiction to buying American goodies, I have to admit that a lot of US products are actually really cheap quality. Stuff we get made in the UK often seems to be of a higher standard. Thats not to say that a lot of the US isn't tasty and delicious though. I would sell my soul to get them to start selling Welchs grape soda in UK stores. (other than speciality ones)

Back
Top Bottom