Tesco's USA sweet goodies!

Caporegime
No. It really is not. I've had several different genuine American Dews and they dont taste the same as the stuff we get made over here. Especially the green one. That one tastes like rat ****! The red energy one is tasty though.

Different tastes then, you prefer the red energy one which i think tastes like camels ****:p.

Tbh its been awhile since ive had the proper MD stuff from across the pond...but i like the energy MD stuff sold here. Will have to get my sis in law to bring me a few cans when she comes over at the end of the month.

Associate
There was a little US sweet shop open up near me in Edinburgh early last year, tried a variety of things, soft drinks, lollies, pop-tarts. Most were thrown out before we finished them, they really did taste horrid. I expected pop-tarts to taste sweet, not salty.. ew.

Had hersheys peanut butter cups as well because everyone was raving about them, again, what is up with all their sweet stuff tasting salty!?! I couldn't even finish one little mini one.

Soldato
OP
Corn Dogs?

Please God, let them have corn dogs.

Every time I see someone eating one in an american movie (I think they're rolled around a stick like a lolly?) they look like they would taste great. :eek:
What do they actually taste like?

And grits, what are they like?

Oh and also, they've got bags of chocolate coated pretzels in that aisle too! Those things are awesome.

Associate
Every time I see someone eating one in an american movie (I think they're rolled around a stick like a lolly?) they look like they would taste great. :eek:
What do they actually taste like?

And grits, what are they like?

Oh and also, they've got bags of chocolate coated pretzels in that aisle too! Those things are awesome.

Have you ever had corn bread before?

Tastes like that with a frankfurter sausage :D pure awesomeness

Associate
Grits? Foul. they are a Marmite type thing, either you like them because you were brought up on them, or you are normal and therefore hate them. Even my old uncle, who would taste petrol to see if it was good or stale, would not eat them when he went to the US.
"It's like rubbish porridge, with a handful of gravel thrown in, and salted"
He had some much ruder words to describe it, but I think I'd be hit with the ban hammer if I wrote them!

Soldato
Yeah but Americans get a much wider variety of flavours available than we get. I don't really like them. Bought a few boxes a while back and found them much too sweet and sickly.

Soldato
My God Hersheys? Really?

It's got to be the worst chocolate i've ever tasted, tastes so artificial and greasy I actually spat it out. And that's saying something because I practically will eat anything sweet.

Man of Honour
we have an aisle like that at our local tesco, the only thing that really interests me are the Jolly Ranchers but at £1.50 for 8 sweets they can keep em

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember when they used to sell Lucky Charms with all the other cereals and it was the same price. Much prefer Cocopops :D.

I think Twinkies have stopped being made in the US now, not sure why. Although they're still made in Canada.

Also agree with others about Hersheys. I bought a bar out of curiosity and it does indeed taste of puke. i couldn't eat more than 1 square. I gave a piece to everyone who visited my house and they all agreed and couldn't eat any more.

Back
Top Bottom