1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tesla Model 3

Discussion in 'Motors' started by wildest_jjk, May 13, 2015.

1. satchef1

Mobster

You rent?

My landlord was okay about me fitting a charger. I just had to pay for it. It'll come with me when I leave.

2. PCM2

Soldato

Not sure where you read that, but that doesn't make sense. The Performance model and AWD LR use exactly the same battery and the same motors as well. They differ only in terms of software (and the items they've seperated out into the "Performance Pack") for the RHD markets.

It's a change that was made a few days ago as well, not today, when they introduced the Model 3 to various RHD markets - none of them have the LR AWD model. The current Performance version in the UK without "Performance Upgrade" (performance pack if you prefer) only costs slightly more than the LR AWD used to. It would make absolutely no sense to do this for reasons of a battery shortage. More likely trying to push more people onto the higher margin option (Performance).

3. Chris1712

Sgarrista

I do have off road parking but unfortunately it's down the end of a 30 foot garden, with no power anywhere near it. Of course if I lived here i'd just dig up the garden and run a trench, but don't think it's going to happen! I had a garage at my last place to charge my 330e just fine.

4. satchef1

Mobster

Ah. Yeah, bit more of a problem. Even with an understanding landlord, that wouldn't be a cheap job.

5. Ant84

Wise Guy

Quite tempted by one of these Performance models.

How well are they likely to hold their value?

6. Jez

Caporegime

Why not just run a "temporary" cable chucked into the bushes? The actual cable is cheap, terminate it into an RCD in the house and hang the car off that. Take it with you when you go.

7. sovietspybob

Wise Guy

It'd need to be armoured cable which isn't especially cheap and it'd need its own 32amp RCD in your consumer unit so not quite as easy as just putting a plug on a new lamp, could be done though i guess.

8. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

A lot of Tesla owners just get a commando socket fitted and use the included charger as it does 7.4kw with the right supply and an adaptor.

9. Burned_Alive

Capodecina

Have you checked he's ok with you removing it as well? I'd be fine with a tenant fitting a charger, but only if they left it in place afterwards.

10. satchef1

Mobster

Yup. All arranged before install via email. Her normal electrician will remove the charger. I will pay the costs. The extra Consumer Unit will remain in place. The only thing I don't know is how much the job will cost.

Depending on price, I may leave the charger behind. It's a 32A Charge Master unit with no warranty remaining. Buying a new one may work out to be better value than moving the old one.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  11. nam

Wise Guy

First batch of Model 3's have arrived

[​IMG]

12. Jonnycoupe

Capodecina

Deffo the high spec ones in that colour! And white interior

13. nam

Wise Guy

As i understand the first maybe Demo's but probably will go to Customer's if required . There is a launch event next Thursday at Heathrow supposedly (Elon will be present), it will be for the reservation holders who have got confirmation to collect..

14. nam

Wise Guy

15. JamesM

Soldato

Changed my dual motor to performance today without the performance pack, can't believe after nearly 2 years of waiting they have finally arrived!

16. nam

Wise Guy

very nice, does that mean you will have the 18" aero wheels ? on the standard performance ?

17. PCM2

Soldato

You'll have far too much fun. Are you planning to keep the aero wheels on or 'uncap' them?

18. Kemik

Mobster

Trying to justify going from SR+ to P- myself, but extra £150 per month doesn't seem worth it as I have a lot of large purchases coming up in the next four years.

19. nam

Wise Guy

are you on a pcp ? are the prices as I understand now being changed as there is only Sr+ and perf being avaliable at least until September

20. Kemik

Mobster

I've got some decent lease quotes. Otherwise I have two loans that I can use. The performance model has now switch to Performance without the performance upgrade (P-) or Performance with the performance upgrade (P+). Confusing hey? Either way, the insurance is another £600 on top of the £900 I've been quote for a SR+ :(

I saw on reddit that the RWD versions burn through tyres and SR+ doesn't come with mats. Probably not enough to justify the difference though ;)