Tesla Model Y

Soldato
  • AMD graphics SoC card replacing Intel Atom for infotainment
  • 16V lithium-ion auxiliary battery replaces 12V lead acid battery
  • Double laminated glass on the rear windows as well as the front windows
Is this the final fix for the tablet failure issues they had had too, or chip supply double sourcing (so the chinese streaming issue is a pre-text)
Does that battery run the sentry modes - so, perhaps increased capacity/autonomy too.
[interesting - https://old.reddit.com/r/teslamotor..._y_performance_was_delivered_in_china_today/]

no vehicle to grid yet , would be interesting to exploit such - with current electric prices, connect car into kitchen ring.

Associate
OP
Some very nice improvements have been discovered in the MYP for the Chinese market:
  1. AMD graphics SoC card replacing Intel Atom for infotainment

2. 16V lithium-ion auxiliary battery replaces 12V lead acid battery

3. Double laminated glass on the rear windows as well as the front windows
https://insideevs.com/news/550716/china-tesla-modely-performance-tech/

Welcomed changes, the UI responsiveness use AMD looks very impressive. Let’s hope these updates trickle down to the Mosel Y being shipped to the UK early next year.

Soldato
Why does teslas have such high servicing costs? There nothing to change like oil etc
Theres oil to change where? Gearbox/transmission? Cant be having to change it every 10k mile service?
The amount you save in petrol gets wasted at service time so no benefit of the ev, even worse you got to hang around while it charges.

There is no service schedule, only some recommended bits which are not required for warranty. While they are not required, I'd still change the cabin air filter when it suggests you do (every 2 years).

Does my car require an annual maintenance service?
Your Tesla does not require annual maintenance or regular fluid changes. Check your Owner’s Manual for latest maintenance recommendations for your Tesla.

If I choose not to service my Tesla car, will this void my warranty?
Your New Vehicle Limited Warranty or Used Vehicle Limited Warranty will not be affected if recommended service is not performed.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/car-maintenance

The air filter is £15 and can easily be DIY'd or done by any competent mechanic if you prefer.

Soldato
Would love to upgrade to one from my M3 SR+ but realistically I don't need to and the price difference doesn't really justify it given that.

Exactly so bought my SR+ at PCP end and will hold on for either compact or maybe a confirmed Model 3 from Berlin with all the latest updates.

In 2019 I thought I would just trade in for a Model Y but it's way behind due to the German bureaucracy and now I wish I'd just gone for a LR from day one.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
That makes more sense, it’s been out for a couple of months in Europe!

It’s just not in the U.K. yet as we are right hand drive.
Fair enough. Hadn't seen any at all yet so didn't realise they had even been out that long!

Back
Top Bottom