Tesla Model Y

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Date was originally and always has been for months 24th -30th June, changed this morning to the above info.
Ah that’s good then.

Shame they’re being so sketchy about the model 3s. My date went from May to November then that range in June you mentioned and now back to November.

My current model 3 has been rejected and will be returned on the weekend, so it’s not particularly helpful playing guessing games :o

Soldato
Ah that’s good then.

Shame they’re being so sketchy about the model 3s. My date went from May to November then that range in June you mentioned and now back to November.

My current model 3 has been rejected and will be returned on the weekend, so it’s not particularly helpful playing guessing games :o

Friend of mine is awaiting an M3 - he's August as the date in the app at the moment

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What's wrong with it?
Not the thread for this, but they replaced the charge port due to intermittent issues and the issues came back.

As charging is pretty paramount (and after getting stung by an idle fee) when my car randomly stopped charging at a public charger, I rejected the car within the first 6 months.

Soldato
A follow up text from Tesla today confirming my vehicle is the way. Arrival date is being calculated and they will reach out to be when it's ready for delivery.

Soldato
Price hikes for every model today. I had an order for a 3LR in September 2021 that was £9k less than it is today! Absolute fricking madness.

I don't feel smug about paying £3k less for my YLR. I feel sad that I probably won't be able to afford such a nice car again in the future.

3SR: £48,490
3LR: £57,490
3P: £61,490

YLR: £57,990
YP: £67,990

Soldato
My wife now gets a car allowance, and it has to be electric or hybrid. We test drove a Model Y about a month ago. Loved it. Having experience of electric cars, I wouldn't consider anything except a Tesla if we were all in on having only EVs in the house.

Soldato
For those that ‘own’ their cars, did you get new car replacement gap insurance? Im glad I did now.

I don’t think I could justify £50k on an SR+, not to mention I’m paying 2% less on the finance compared to a new order.

Soldato
For those that ‘own’ their cars, did you get new car replacement gap insurance? Im glad I did now.

I don’t think I could justify £50k on an SR+, not to mention I’m paying 2% less on the finance compared to a new order.

I left it too long to buy the policy and could only get a "return to invoice" policy today. Totally stupid on my part, but the chances of actually claiming on a GAP policy are extremely small.

Soldato
I guessed right about the residual value but took out a 2 year PCP just in case back in 2019 thinking I would get maybe £30k for the SR+ as a trade in against a SR Model Y and we can see how that idea worked out!

Soldato
Paid £37.4k Sept 2019 for SR+
Same car today - £48.4k

Mental....

No wonder Tesla want my SR+ for £36.4k next week as a trade in.... Someone will buy that at around £38-£40k with zero wait time.

Soldato
I’d be proper annoyed with myself if I had leased one in 2019. 3 years driving for £1k in depreciation vs £500 or so a month to lease.

Absolutely mental pricing.

Soldato
No, not to this extent but even in mid 2020 when car sales were in the toilet and dealers were jumping over themselves to get rid of their stock at cut prices, residuals on all EVs were great.

I started watching the residuals for the Model 3 and other cars like the Kona for before covid and just gave up and bought a new Model 3.

I’m fairly sure I posted the exact comment long ago, long preceding this hyper inflation.

Back
Top Bottom