Test Drive Unlimited 3 is officially being made :)

I genuinely don't understand all of the hate tbh. Ok it's not perfect, but it plays really well and it's getting updates correcting issues which is great.

It runs absolutely beautifully now on latest AMD drivers, I am sat at a solid 70fps on high 3440x1440. Starting to really get into driving about the city and getting the feel of the old TDU back.

I'll probably give it a try at some point, need to rebuild my racing setup really though first and that is a low priority currently.

300+ miscellaneous minor bugfixes
  • Resolved cases of hardlock after the first race of the onboarding
  • Fixed ELO not decreasing when abandoning ranked races
  • Fixed suspension issues on various cars
  • Prevented several cases where player could drive through NPCs in free roam
  • Fixed cases where AI would drive in the opposite way after finishing a race.
  • Improved pathfinding of GPS
  • Removed incorrect indication of a race at lvl 3 that should not exist.
  • Updated the price of special edition cars
so people did buy a beta then... some of those bugs are embarrassing, I wonder how many more exist

Elo not dcreasing when someone abandons a ranked race..... wow....... how did that ever get through beta testing.

Surely its like the first thing you would implement

Last edited:
What an absolute shame that this game turned out to be so bad. Considering TDU1+2 were so good... What a way to ruin a franchise. I suppose it's the same old story, publishers rushing a dev team to put an unfinished game out in an attempt to meet financial targets

publishers rushing a dev team to put an unfinished game out in an attempt to meet financial targets
people still think its 2008 when a game IPO is guaranteed sales no matter what.

all the predatory practices seem to have made gamers finally wise up and stop buying any old crap based on a studio name or a games title.

people still think its 2008 when a game IPO is guaranteed sales no matter what.

all the predatory practices seem to have made gamers finally wise up and stop buying any old crap based on a studio name or a games title.

I wonder what will happen going forward, I imagine they'll slowly pull devs away from the project one by one until it's abandoned. Seems like they have way to much work to do to get it up to an acceptable standard (Online sessions don't even work properly from what I've read). Oh well, it's just different times these days...

Back
Top Bottom