Test Drive Unlimited 3 is officially being made :)

From what I have played so far i'm really enjoying it.

Have to see how these issues with the server pan out though, Still getting issues when joining races, Error unable to communicate with the server, do you wish to leave the lobby.

But what I have played i've enjoyed more that the demo.

I'm not really up to date with season passes and stuff... I am trying to buy the Gold Edition on the understanding that it will have a season pass so that I get ALL future dlc and all the cars included. From reading the descriptions and table thing it seems like the season pass would only include season 1 which is only three months from now till December? Do I would then have to buy another season pass to get the new content? I'd that right

If so wtf when did that happen

Are there any events in it that arent races - like the old TDU car deliveries without damage etc ?

Last edited:

Was hovering over the buy button on CDkeys earlier but after watching this video i think i might just hold out a little longer, been burnt enough with motorfest
I bought the gold for the early access. I've played it 10 hours in that time and half of that was this morning because I could not get on the servers, or id be in the middle of the race and get kicked off and have to start it all again, which is obviously extremely frustrating. As well as that, you get the error "your game has not been saved" pop up quite a lot which is worrying. They seemed to have fixed all that though for the most part and I had no trouble this morning.

In my opinion, the game feels very unpolished, the graphics are pretty bad, the avatar is comical, and the hair is pathetic. I have a 4080super and there is some stuttering in more built up areas even at 1080p. I found out this morning, there can only be 8 racers on open world at all times, which I thought was pretty ridiculous as they have some huge underground carparks that I thought would be cool for car meets or something. It just feels like it's lacking so much. It's ok if you just want to drive around and do some tasks.

Also, If you win a few races, the AI difficulty goes up to experienced, and most of the time, even if they have the same car as you with the same power, they will drive out of your life, like you're standing still. And there is no option to turn the difficulty down for them either.

I have has one person join me for a race in the whole 10 hours I've played, and probably seen about 6-8 driving around in that time. Obviously it's early access but I'd have thought I'd see more people. Oh yeah, it's region locked and no crossplay too!!

This game is a hard pass for me. A shame because I was looking forward to it. Enjoyed TDU 1/2. I guess it had its time. Things have moved on. That looks complete dog ****. You cant bring something like this to the market and expect it to do well when you have the likes of Forza Horizon, which has kind of cornered this market. They either had to completely knock it out of the park or provide a new and innovative experience, this looks like it does neither.

The user experiences for individuals are so varied on this game. It's a shame that people are so disappointed with it but totally understand why.

It has ran perfect for me since first boot up, 60fps, no server issues so guess I am one of the lucky ones (see cyberpunk syndrome) and where it is lacking some polish in areas vs. something like horizon it's very playable, for me it feels more akin to the crew, which again I enjoyed

I paid £20 as my pre order and feel it's a good game for that money

I think I played the second, was it PS3? I just remember the start of this song "Unsolvable are the puzzles that we create", not much else lol but I'm pretty sure I had fun with it.

I think I played the second, was it PS3? I just remember the start of this song "Unsolvable are the puzzles that we create", not much else lol but I'm pretty sure I had fun with it.

Yeah was ps3/Xbox era.

See it REALLY struggled with 2 after being completely addicted to 1.
That was the days of utterly shonky console to pc ports and it didn't load half the time and ran like poo lol

Back
Top Bottom