US: The 100

Man of Honour
http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-34770

Ninety-seven years ago, nuclear Armageddon decimated planet Earth, destroying civilization. The only survivors were the 400 inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. Three generations have been born in space, the survivors now number 4,000, and resources are running out on their dying "Ark" - the 12 stations now linked together and repurposed to keep the survivors alive.

Draconian measures including capital punishment and population control are the order of the day, as the leaders of the Ark take ruthless steps to ensure their future, including secretly exiling a group of 100 juvenile prisoners to the Earth's surface to test whether it's habitable.

For the first time in nearly a century, humans have returned to planet Earth. Among the 100 exiles are Clarke, the bright teenage daughter of the Ark's chief medical officer; Wells, son of the Ark's Chancellor; the daredevil Finn; and the brother/sister duo Bellamy and Octavia, whose illegal sibling status has always led them to flaunt the rules. Technologically blind to what's happening on the planet below them, the Ark's leaders - Clarke's widowed mother, Abby; the Chancellor, Jaha; and his shadowy second in command, Kane - are faced with difficult decisions about life, death and the continued existence of the human race.

For the 100 young people on Earth, however, the alien planet they've never known is a mysterious realm that can be magical one moment and lethal the next. With the survival of the human race entirely in their hands, THE 100 must find a way to transcend their differences, unite and forge a new path on a wildly changed Earth that's primitive, intense and teeming with the unknown.

I quite enjoyed the first one so I'll stick with it for a bit

Man of Honour
OP
The space-station was supposedly hobbled together from the failing stations of 12 different nation states, has been in a state of rapid decay with dwindling resources and the people sent to the planet were criminals locked in tiny little cells. Yet notice how all the people sent to Earth are 'good looking' Americans with perfect bodies and teeth?

This hasn't gone unnoticed.

Man of Honour
OP
the whole story makes no sense you on a space station with limited resources and a failing life support so to find out if the planet below you can support life you send 101 (off which only 98 make it to the planet so the title wrong all ready) teenages who have no skills are not very smart and no reason to help you as you had planed to space them. instead of spacing the 100 to start with therefore buying you more time, train a group of people with the necessary skills and sending them planet side

It's Sci Fi, switch off and stop getting aspergic.

Man of Honour
OP
That was part of the reason I found it so terrible, just in the first episode loads of incidents of people behaving in an unbelievable way and/or responding to situations in a way no one ever would if put in that situation.

Not in this time & place but it set in the future where the population has gone through vast changes.
You're taking it too seriously, just switch off your brain.

Man of Honour
OP
Are you this defensive about all TV shows you enjoy or just the teen drama genre?

I did 'read the bloody thread' all I see is you getting angsty about it.

When somebody says "I watched 20 minutes and gave up" it just makes me think "What a child" when a couple more episodes in it can really gets going.
I given up on many series but I give them several episodes to get going (or not).
The Leftovers will be the next if something doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom