*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was HARD. Totally drained and can't stop eating.

Van pull (facing forwards)
Van pull (facing backwards)
Log press max reps in 30 seconds x 2
Log lunges
Tyre flips
300 workout tyre exercise to finish off

/bed

I like stuff like this, great workout and v beneficial. Not really had a chance to do anything proper like this at all but well done & can imagine this is working a treat for you.

Hai Guys! I'm thinking of changing from a 3 to 4 day split now I've more or less finished uni (exams not til mid may). Any thoughts/recommendations.

Currently looks like this

Mon - Chest/Bi
Incline BB Bench
Flat Bench
DB Flyes
Hammer Curl
Concentration Curl

Weds - Back/Tri
Deadlifts
BORs
Narrow pull down
Cable Pushdown
Skullcrusher

Fri - Legs/Shoulders
Squatz
Leg extensions
Leg Curl / SLDL
Calf Raises
Seated DB Press
Lateral Raises
Upright Rows

I'm just bored more often than not and figure I might aswell hit the gym rather than mope around at home.

Adjusted it a bit, to be honest I don't see the point in doing cable cross overs and flyes it's essentially the same exercise... I'd do incline first.
Hammer curls + e-z bar curls essentially the same tbh throw in concentration curls. Way to much n the legs n shoulders day. Tbh I don't see the point in doing legs and shoulders together as they are both v large muscle groups and therefore you have a lot of seperate groups to work (quads, hamstring, calves, delts, traps)... So Adjusted it a lil, you never had hamstrings in, no point doing squats + leg press if your really pushing yourself??? I can't see you doing both. But if your really pushing yourself on legs then I can't see you getting a good shoulder workout. I couldn't anyway.

Wasn't going to go to the gym yesterday, spent most of the weekend comatosed in either the beer garden or in the garden! Went Sat morning - was a struggle, I don't think I'm good at training in the morning. Went Sunday night for a quick 45min session and that was a lot better. Didn't do much, squats, t-bar rows, dips - that's it. However, got up to 170kg squat nice and deep so at least the strength is coming back. Problem is social calendar is so busy at the moment it's so easy to sack off the gym! :o

Guys i've got a problem.

I've just been to the gym where I will be staying for the next few months.....THERES NO SQUAT RACK :(!!!!

They only have one of those 'machine' ones, but i find them dangerous!!

What can I do? I tried doing squats with dumbells in my hands but it didn't really work.

Help :(

Havnt been in a week and a half :mad: Combination of 12 hours a day of uni work and my elbow being a pain.

Edit: Just had a thought actually. My elbows have gotten gradually worse since i started this year of uni and im wondering if theyve become weaker because of my new desk setup. I used to always have my forearms on the edge of my desk and elbows off but this year my desks huge so i have my elbows resting on it. Is is possible this has had an effect? :S

Ouchies - it sounds like you may have to see your GP and Physio to see what they make of it, could well be your desk that has caused that.

Best to do lower body work-outs for now until your elbows have healed up as all upper body work requires some kind of effort from your elbow (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Try to push on with your Uni work - I regret first picking the wrong subject and not putting more effort at Uni and subsequently failing. Be worth it when you have a recognised qualification.

My Brother has torn his left shoulder muscles so he is only able to do lower body work, it's always best to have a long holiday when something hurts badly.

Speaking of which, my Back still has Doms, so I'm hoping I haven't done any damage to it. Hopefully by Tuesday I will be well enough to do some work. I'm really struggling to stay focused at work because of my bad cold :(

Guys i've got a problem.

I've just been to the gym where I will be staying for the next few months.....THERES NO SQUAT RACK :(!!!!

They only have one of those 'machine' ones, but i find them dangerous!!

What can I do? I tried doing squats with dumbells in my hands but it didn't really work.

Help :(

Powerclean and do front squats? Or get people to lift the bar up to you?

Try split squats or hungarian squats - or do hack squats (like a deadlift, but bar is behind your legs).

DB lunges can be quite effective.

Ouchies - it sounds like you may have to see your GP and Physio to see what they make of it, could well be your desk that has caused that.

Try to push on with your Uni work - I regret first picking the wrong subject and not putting more effort at Uni and subsequently failing. Be worth it when you have a recognised qualification.

Going to go as soon as im home, next week.

I love my course so im all good :D Only reason ive had to do such long days is because of a group module i had to end up doing half the work in the last week :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom