*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Sure if it's reduced fat surely the name tells you what's reduced. Also you can check the little nutrients sticker and compare it to normal chedder to see which has more protein.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well not as stiff as i expected today after yesterdays gym session, hit the docs though and they now think my mystery foot pain is ligament related so off to physio i go, but i do get some fancy custom insoles to stomp about in day to day.

just buggers me up for work as she says im to keep away from any sort of foot impacting stuff, so running jogging and walking great distances are still out.

Soldato
Midway on the blood and guts workout. Not quite sure what to make of it yet :confused:

My pecs are killing and it felt weird doing conventional deadlifts after doing 13 weeks of stiff legged.

Oh and for the first since I ever started training (almost 3 year) I've got an official training partner for this workout. I know I know :o

I needed it to experience pure failure. The lad is impressive. He's now at about 7% bf, 12st and has got a determined will to beat me in every lift. His deads are out of my league for 250KG raw. But lets just say I'm looking into matters of royal ass whooping :D And I still have the squat and a few other golden lifts.

Soldato
I haven't been on here for a while due to other things going on.

In any case, I have tried to maintain a consistent diet, but have had a dodgy few weeks where I have been naughty.

I don't know why, but when I had a week of holiday off, I had a medium dominoes pizza to myself, I also had chips with two savaloys another day and then on another day 2 1/2 pound burgers in buns with chips...:o

After the week was over, I went to the gym that sunday and did 21 minutes of cardio to make up for it. I hadn't been to the gym for a week before the week of holiday. What followed was quite surprising.

When I'm not doing any gym work, say if I'm having an off week, I don't have any tins of mackeral in the morning or any cottage cheese in the evening. I spent last Saturday in the Gym again, doing a few bits (5x 70/80/90/100/110kg straight leg dead lifts, 5x 40/50/60/70kg squats; 5x 20/20/20/30/30kg calf raises). So I had some cottage cheese in the evening and my mackeral in the mornings.

I usually have cereal/porridge, 1-2 scrambled eggs in the morning, a whole tin of mackeral (I'm trying to half it by recommendation, but I like it too much!) and the afternoon is normally a large sandwich (or a couple) with chicken, ham, lettuce, cheese, tomato, followed by a Total 0% yogurt.

My evening meal varies, it's normally something oven based, like pizza, goujons and chips - and I'm ashamed to say it's because I'm not bothered enough to make myself anything (which needs to change).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, despite my diet having a bad week and doing only 21 minutes of cardio (in the last 2-3 months) I have managed to go from 79kg to 70kg and I don't know how. Is my afternoon lunch and evening meal to blame? I have no idea what to have instead. :(

It's sudden as well..before when I used to eat like this, I would maintain my weight of 78-79kg (but not gaining any weight).

Kind regards

Last edited:
Caporegime
Be careful what you wish for, I got totally sick of mine.

i never really plan on getting rid of mine, im hoping my future generations will find it all useful, etc.

that's why i bought all commercial stuff, don't know how long it will last but most of it came with a lifetime warranty (if being used in a home gym), so im sure it should last forever with regular maintenance. wd-40 and re-painting when needed

Associate
Be careful what you wish for, I got totally sick of mine.

Makes it easy to stick to a routine though, think next year I'll start off by finding an Olympic bar and some dumbbells for complexes at home for off days, then I only need to gym 3 times a week.

Been using my mates shoddy screw lock ones and they annoy the hell out of me (and am also no longer living with him next year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom