*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Not at all mate, that sounds good to me. Although I'd say you'd have been more than alright with just the two wraps! Still, gotta eat big to get big :) go for it

Thanks buddy, I have two wraps for lunch as it is generally...However seeing as I'm not at work for 6 weeks (School holidays) i'll pound some extra calories on and see how it all turns out :)

Man of Honour
Thanks for the quick replies :)

The thing is, I enjoy eating wholemeal bread and it's something that goes will with most of my protein sources. I don't really fancy having potatoes or lentils for breakfast...!

Soldato
My breakfast is just 4 eggs scrambled mixed with some low fat cheese (macros are decent in low fat cheese!) and a protein shake with 2:1 whey:powdered oats ratio :) I just chugg the shake whilst the eggs are cooking in the pan (apparently microwaves kill a lot of the proteins)! :D

Man of Honour
Thanks for the quick replies :)

The thing is, I enjoy eating wholemeal bread and it's something that goes will with most of my protein sources. I don't really fancy having potatoes or lentils for breakfast...!

My breakfast is

4 eggs scrambled
70g oats w/ banana cut up on top
30g whey sprinkled on top

That's close to 80g of carbs and all good carbs too. Anything wrong with oats? They really are a great start to the day, slow steady release of energy and fill you up a treat

Associate
Thanks
Sadly I have no idea if my partner is 'with me' on this, she doesn't care what I look like really...I just do this for myself as I enjoy the workout
My wfie was the same, but went along anyway and has noticed she's shed a couple of pounds by ditching some carbs.

I'd still find it hard to have no potato, it's basically my evening thing! :(...And I'd have to have SOME rice with my chilli, that's ridiculous ;)
It's lovely, just a big bowl of meat! Same goes for meatball in a tomato sauce, and a bolognese with no pasta, we do all that.

With regards to my partner eating what I eat...I tend to cook anyway, sooooooo...Problem is I'm not sure that she would want no potato :p...I'd have to come up with a soloution so I can cook potatoes for her more often and add in something seperate for me

A lot of the meals I have are things that you'd normally have with carbs so you can easily add them back in for your partner. e.g do some rice, pasta, potatoes, dumplins, whatever but you just don't have them.

It's amazing how quickly you get used to the changes too. I've gone from drinking about 3 pints of milk per day to giving up dariy, and not having carbs after morning, though I'm a bit less rigid about the carb thing on weekends.

Associate
My breakfast is

4 eggs scrambled

That's close to 80g of carbs and all good carbs too. Anything wrong with oats? They really are a great start to the day, slow steady release of energy and fill you up a treat

That sounds a bit grim! ;)
My breakfast is:
1 cup oats
2 scoops whey
1 scoop ground flax
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp olive oil
cinnamon
350ml water

Blend and drink, and then I eat a banana.
I think it's 800/900kcals

Man of Honour
My breakfast is

4 eggs scrambled

Oats are fine. :)

Not much love for fish in the mornings eh?! :p

Man of Honour
I have turkey steaks and chicken breasts for BREAKFAST :)p) sometimes. I don't think it's weird - it's just food. Don't understand the need for cereal for breakfast or for the "traditional" sense of what breakfast is about. I treat it as a meal no different to the other meals of the day.

I guess it's because culture now has it that it's usually cereal or toast for brekkie which is why having a less "conventional" meal is deemed strange.

Ah well - I enjoy it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom