*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
OP
Just when you finally get over the trauma and sleepless nights, you go and do it all again... you crazy man!!! ;)

See, we did it different. I generally go to bed very late, so anything that needs sorting while im awake I deal with. Once i'm in bed though, anything after that point the wife deals with as its likely that she has had 5-6 hours sleep already, as she goes to bed very early due to our kids loving waking up silly early when babies!
Realistically, neither of us lose much sleep at all :D

Associate
Is there a thread on here where people list their diets?
would be interested to see what people on high cal (4000+) and low carbs are eating. Currently looking for ways to add in extra cals and extra variety. I could easily just eat more of what I have now but it's always good to get fresh ideas.

Soldato
My mates all thought it was weird me having mix grill for breakfast after a night out, even though they were tucking into cooked breakfasts. A mixed grill is just like a cooked breakfast, except it replaces the rubbish beans that I don't like for steak. Win win I say! :D

Soldato
I'll have any number of things for breakfast. If i've jsut done a vat of chilli or curry i'll have that, or i'll have one of my protein cakes, or some all bran with a protein shake instead of milk, tuna and mayo, boiled eggs, kebab from last night (yes i've done that many a time).

Associate
I'm trying to revamp my diet at the moment. I do a 3 day workout every week which is good but I think I can do more than that. But I'm struggling to think of any good quick easy to make high protein meals.

So far the diet I've got planned is:

Meal 1 - Bowl of oats with milk or other whole wheat cereal

Meal 2 - Whey protein + 300ML milk (510 calories & 85G protein)

Meal 3 - Can of tuna + whole wheat bread/tortilla wrap OR chicken breast + some kind of chicken sauce + brown rice + vegetables

Meal 4 - Whey protein + 300ML milk (510 calories & 85G protein)

Meal 5 - Can of tuna + 2 slices of whole wheat bread OR chicken breast + some kind of chicken sauce + brown rice + vegetables

Meal 6 - Evening meal (will have chicken or fish with vegetables, brown rice ect)

Is that diet ok? Apparentely my BSM is 2000 calories. I want to put on lean muscle but I would also like to cut my fat levels at the same time (I've read this is possible with a clean diet).

So I'm guessing I would need to consume around 2300 calories to put on lean muscle but not much fat? I'm trying to aim for 40/40/20 with my diet aswell. I have at least 200g of protein every day, but not sure about carbs/fats.

I'm 5 foot 7 and 140 LBS so not a huge guy!

Sorry for the amount of questions but I've read a lot of different suggestions on different forums/websites. I would rather get everything right now and do this workout plan properly than waste months of money/training for mediocre results!

If anyone has any quick easy high protein meals to make then tell me haha. I've also read somewhere about making a healthy pizza with a whole wheat base, tomotoe puree, mozzeralla cheese, chicken, mushrooms, peppers, spinach. Is that ideal?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Well I took some vids of some powercleans today did a few with a push press too. Form isn't brilliant and if I'm honest I wasn't really up to it from yesterday's leg session but what the heck! I'll do some better ones soon.

100kg and push press

110kg and push press

120kg and failed push press

Posting from my phone (not at home) so hope it comes up ok!

Didnt get the 130kg morba wanted but I'll give it another bash next week after having an anabolic weekend of debauchery! :p

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Today was a rest day from weight training so thought I'd hit the gym and try HIIT (I'm trying to lose some fat). I have never sweated that much from a 15 minute work out!

I did 30 seconds at a casual jogging pace and 30 seconds at a pretty intense pace (but not too intense). However the annoying thing is that the treadmill speed increases and decreases in 0.1 ... my casual pace is 8 to get it to my intense pace, which is 12, I have to push the button 40 times and then again to get it back to 8 again. People in the gym probably thinking I've gone nuts doing that every 30 seconds :p

Also if anyone has any tips regarding HIIT it'd be appreciated. I only did a quick google and checked a YouTube video out and off I went.

Soldato
Seriously wtf is going on?! I'm eating quite well, and a few months ago I was approaching 9 stone. Now I'm barely above 8 stone. Not only that, but my midsection appears to have gotten bigger, so I now have even more of a skinny fat look :(

I really don't know why this is happening.

Soldato
Nice lifting FF. Shame you didn't manage the press at 120Kg, but you weren't far off.

One question about deadlifts; I know I should be lifting with a 'neutral' lower back, but how bad is it to lift with a slightly arched (As in sticking your ass out too much)? I find that whenever I try and straighten my back into neutral, I over arch it slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom