*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
It won't give you an energy boost but it does give you crazy pumps, and the constant flow of BCAA's and carbs throughout your workout (if you use it properly) just help you keep up that intensity you need.

Plus the creatine in it is superb, like I say, I've tried every creatine going (creapure, mono, EE) and none of them really work, but this one definitely does.

It's £32 if you look around, and that's for a month or 5 weeks, if you go 3 times a week 6-7 weeks, so it's not that bad value

Soldato
I prefer uplifting music as opposed to angry music in the gym. At the moment my headphones keep falling off so I have to put up with the boring stuff they have on in the gym.

It won't give you an energy boost but it does give you crazy pumps, and the constant flow of BCAA's and carbs throughout your workout (if you use it properly) just help you keep up that intensity you need.

Hmm, tempting, I normally just sip water. Think I'll need to order some protein substitute and supplement tablets first because this could end up getting rather expensive.

Especially if I end up buying a monthly list of:

Protein powder
Vitamin supplements
Jack3d
SizeOn

Will get the top two for now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just over two months back in the gym and I did my first 100kg deadlift today.
Did a set at 90K that felt pretty easy, so put another 10 on and managed 4 at 100.

Given that back in June I was struggling with 60K then I'm definitely please with the progress I'm making.
Just got to keep on improving now.

Man of Honour
I wouldn't bother with Jack3d, it's a waste of time imo. Your body gets used to the ingredients far too quickly. Same with most pre-wo supplements

Just buy SizeOn, and pop a caffeine pill before your workout, you'll get the same effect

Soldato
That's a massive increase in ~2 months, nearly double! :o

I wouldn't bother with Jack3d, it's a waste of time imo. Your body gets used to the ingredients far too quickly. Same with most pre-wo supplements

Just buy SizeOn, and pop a caffeine pill before your workout, you'll get the same effect

I see. I normally just have a coffee pre-wo. I'm guessing 'crazy pumps' will help growth? That's what I read on here.

Last edited:
Caporegime

if you use jack3d properly your body doesnt get used to it.

bare in mind i dont drink tea or coffee any fizzy drinks so my caffeine intake is zero apart from jack3d.

then i cycle it, 1 week on, 1 week off and i only use it 3 times in 1 week.

also best taken on an empty stomach,

Soldato
That's a massive increase in ~2 months, nearly double! :o

Cheers.
I haven't come at it from a completely blank slate though. I was pretty regular at the gym a few years ago, but hadn't been properly in about 4 or 5 years up until June.
Still getting back into it, but I've been making some decent progress with my lifts so far and hopefully can keep up with it.

Man of Honour

bare in mind i dont drink tea or coffee any fizzy drinks so my caffeine intake is zero apart from jack3d.

Same, but within a week of using it it did nothing for me. I cycled it and tried all sorts but it just wouldn't work

Soldato

Does it make much difference to your workouts?

Can you give examples of how it changes from your week on to your week off?

Soldato
Thanks guys!

Yep, I like using Disturbed and similar (Slipknot on the first vid) on big lifts, but angry music + Jack3d = bonus sound effects :D

90% of my ipod shuffle which i only use in the gym is disturbed. Makes big lifts just that much more epic.

Unfortunately had a migraine this morning so unlikely i will be heading to the gym this evening :(

Caporegime
Does it make much difference to your workouts?

Can you give examples of how it changes from your week on to your week off?

insane amounts of difference, you dont even feel like working out when your off it, i will say though that when i first started taking it, it had a HUGE effect, its now only 75% of that. i should maybe up my dose from 1 scoop to 2 scoops but then im afraid 2 will not become enough then i need 3. so i stick to one. maybe if i take a month off, it should go back to 100% with 1 scoop.

Caporegime
Sorry Steedie I don't agree.

Jack3d + Xtend + Prodigy on my iPod = insane workout.

I've been using it for about 2 months now, cycling it as should be done with stim's like this. Not got used to it yet. The only downside is the sleepness nights as I tend to train at 6/7pm.

do you also find it a huge appetite suppressant? i have to force food down me after taking jack3d

Soldato
insane amounts of difference, you dont even feel like working out when your off it, i will say though that when i first started taking it, it had a HUGE effect, its now only 75% of that. i should maybe up my dose from 1 scoop to 2 scoops but then im afraid 2 will not become enough then i need 3. so i stick to one. maybe if i take a month off, it should go back to 100% with 1 scoop.

I see. Might have to give it a go! An appetite suppressant is not something I need though.

Has anyone ever tried pancakes made with whole wheat flour?

Going to try them in the morning:

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Stir together dry ingredients. Add eggs, milk, and oil. Stir until dry ingredients are moistened (batter may be lumpy). Cook on preheated griddle until bubbles form and edges start to dry. Flip and cook until lightly browned. I like to serve with sliced strawberries and bananas, drizzled with honey.

Last edited:
Soldato
evening gymrats!

i'm a few weeks in and this evening i deadlifted for the second time.

however..... i had it pointed out to me that my technique was all over the shop. the guy showed me the right way, but does anyone have a *really* good video to get the idea rooted in my brain?

Soldato
cheers sigma, that all-angles approach really helps.

i think it's symptomatic of my general problem - ego-weight at the expense of proper form!

Man of Honour
The best way is to post a video of you doing it. The guy who showed you could be Eric Cressey for all I know, but he could also be doing more harm than good by giving you bad advice.

Tom and sigma's videos are great though.

Caporegime
Well...it was back day today, aka deadlift day!

Achieved a new PB, 90kg :), I believe that is not just about mroe than myself in weight!!!! So chuffed.

Not bad considering it was 80KG two weeks ago...bearing in mind I didn't lift anything in those two weeks.

Happy happy happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom