*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I just rest the weight on the front of my shoulders with my fingers wrapped around the front of the bar and my elbows out infront, raising them as high as I can. This keeps the bar rolling back on to your shoulders and keeps it still :)

Again, the weight resting on your shoulders shouldn't cause you any major discomfort or stretching - although your wrists may hurt a bit!

Caporegime
I just rest the weight on the front of my shoulders with my fingers wrapped around the front of the bar and my elbows out infront, raising them as high as I can. This keeps the bar rolling back on to your shoulders and keeps it still :)

Again, the weight resting on your shoulders shouldn't cause you any major discomfort or stretching - although your wrists may hurt a bit!

It will cause me discomfort :(

Hell...Holding the bar like you describe sounds odd enough!!!! Don't think my arms move like that :o

kai

kai

Soldato
Happy, happy - but dam i am paying for it this morning. Managed to perform a 125kg deadlift x4 last night fairly happy as this is more than double my bodyweight now. How people manage x3 is beyond me!

Soldato
Happy, happy - but dam i am paying for it this morning. Managed to perform a 125kg deadlift x4 last night fairly happy as this is more than double my bodyweight now. How people manage x3 is beyond me!

Very good!

Not many people can do that. Hell, even I'm finding it difficult to merely get two reps double my weight, never mind 'more than', and I've been at it for a good 15 years on and off (more on than off though). Keep it up!

Soldato
I currently have the worst DOMs I've ever experienced in my traps, I can barely turn my neck. I look a right pillock turning to talk to people like I've got an invisible neck brace on :p.

Soldato
I currently have the worst DOMs I've ever experienced in my traps, I can barely turn my neck. I look a right pillock turning to talk to people like I've got an invisible neck brace on :p.

I have full body doms and its terrible. All of yesterday it was mainly legs meaning i couldnt use stairs properly now i can barely move my arms aswell :o

Soldato
It will cause me discomfort :(

Hell...Holding the bar like you describe sounds odd enough!!!! Don't think my arms move like that :o

I know how you feel, been trying to get my lil stubby arms in position, with elbows out and I cant even touch my shoulders! :eek: Do people here hold the bar with palms forward and gripping the bar or arms crossed and palms towards you.

Soldato
Palms up, arms infront. No real reason for it other than the fact I got used to it. Also can do it whilst cleaning the bar up from the floor, where as you need a rack to cross your arms.

Associate
I know how you feel, been trying to get my lil stubby arms in position, with elbows out and I cant even touch my shoulders! :eek: Do people here hold the bar with palms forward and gripping the bar or arms crossed and palms towards you.

I've been doing lots of shoulder dislocations and pec stretches before any workout for the past couple of months and found it's helped my mobility to hold the bar properly for front squats no end (well - for cleans actually, but essentially the same).

Soldato
I've been doing lots of shoulder dislocations and pec stretches before any workout for the past couple of months and found it's helped my mobility to hold the bar properly for front squats no end (well - for cleans actually, but essentially the same).

Yea, I used to do shoulder dislocations for when I was getting mobility for my back squats. I may have to get back in to doing them and look at the chest ones you mentioned. Thanks!

Soldato
the drop-the-weights brigade have broken the floor in my gym and now it's shut for up to a week. fortunately, being FF, they're "kindly" letting us use another one nearish by.

Soldato
Can i just clarify something please.

There is nothing wrong with eating lean red meat and fish various times per week, can someone just clarify? I swear it's bro science and that processed meat is what you need to avoid.

Man of Honour
Can i just clarify something please.

There is nothing wrong with eating lean red meat and fish various times per week, can someone just clarify? I swear it's bro science and that processed meat is what you need to avoid.

Correct nothing wrong with the stuff as long as it's eaten the way nature made it, it's once we start messing with it and pumping it full of crap that it can cause issues.

Man of Honour
Isn't white meat, chicken etc supposed to be preferred over red meat? Various health books I've read in the past say not to overdo red meat.

Most of them recommend it due to them liking to push the low fat mantra and white meat is normally a fair bit leaner than red meat

Soldato
the drop-the-weights brigade have broken the floor in my gym and now it's shut for up to a week. fortunately, being FF, they're "kindly" letting us use another one nearish by.

Yea I know them. The real 'ard boys that trains with hoodies, bling bling and iPods blaring out Dr Dre smashing weights down and then having a quick look around to see who's watching them.

Get really strong, lift twice the weight they lift and look really bored after it. It's like a kick in the nuts for some of these vermin.

Soldato
Yea I know them. The real 'ard boys that trains with hoodies, bling bling and iPods blaring out Dr Dre smashing weights down and then having a quick look around to see who's watching them.

Get really strong, lift twice the weight they lift and look really bored after it. It's like a kick in the nuts for some of these vermin.

This seems to be them mostly.

guidos-bros-douchebags-fratboys-take-solace-friend-youre-not-a-bro.jpg

Even in my current injured state can lift more then most people.

Had my MRI today but also had to do some mobility, flexibity and pressure tests.

I can bench 90kg, deadlift 120, squat 80 all for reps before the pain is unbearable.

The muscles are still strong it seems, now I just need to find out what's exactly wrong and get physio hopefully and be done with it.

Getting the results and reports form the tests and MRI hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom