*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Back today, man this came around quick again....going to goto about 80/85% of my 1RM and get some reps in on the Deads, hammer those BORS as well as they really got to me last week, loved it!

Associate
I've noticed recently that the day after doing squats, my left ankle hurts. Anyone else had this?

I'm assuming my posture or technique is wrong, but it's odd as I've been doing squats for ages, at this weight too.

Caporegime
I've noticed recently that the day after doing squats, my left ankle hurts. Anyone else had this?

I'm assuming my posture or technique is wrong, but it's odd as I've been doing squats for ages, at this weight too.

Never had an ankle pain no...Are you stretching the muscles around the angle / foot enough and warming up at all?

Man of Honour
Hi guys

Just wondering if you lovely gentleman could help me out

I'm doing the Movember thing, and have agreed from Monday onwards to dress up like Hulk Hogan in the full outfit, got the wig, the vest, yellow leggings, boots and a toy belt. And bleaching my tash over the weekend

Now this is all day, every day. In the gym, at work and around town. Wherever I go.

The target is to reach £250, and I don't know if this is allowed (if not please delete, and apologies), but if I could ask you guys to spare a small donation, I'd appreciate it a lot. It really is for a great cause.

Of course I will be posting pics of me in the full outfit and will take requests for pics from anyone who donates.

http://mobro.co/TobySteed

Cheers guys

Soldato
I can't use my free college gym anymore since I graduated so am on the hunt for somewhere new.

I tried out one place the other day that turned out to be pretty poor: only one squat rack and no floor space to do deadlifts. I also witnessed the worst erg technique I've ever seen and struggled to keep my mouth shut and ignore it.

Anyway, I'm trying out somewhere else tomorrow, it's mainly a martial arts gym, but apparently it has an excellent free weights gym and strongman equipment:

http://www.pro-amfightcentre.co.uk/strength.html

Can't wait! Also, the guy on the 'phone said that off-peak membership is only £20 per month:eek:.

/edit: also, squatted for the first time in about 5 weeks on Tuesday. Straight in at 130kg after a warm up. I've been in pain all week. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Hadn't had the chance to go shopping the past few days and been in uni all day so went now. An hour of pre gym cardio probably won't help in todays session :o

edit:

Inspirational Profiles - Men
Zyzz
Inspires 6,555

#1 Most Inspirational :cool:

Last edited:

dod

dod

Soldato
back session

1X6X60 Deadlifts
2X10X80
2X10X90

3X10X60kG Pendlay rows form not brilliant, might drop that down slightly
5X 10X60 T-Bar eows

3X10X80kG Lat pull downs

2X10X80 stack think rows, not sure what you call it
1X 10X90 same thing.

feeling it at the moment :)

Caporegime
Another excellent session for me tonight although I forgot my belt so squatted 190+ for the first time without it. Usually use it for my heaviest set and found my form was more strict but my back felt like it was worked far harder. Think I'm very close to my 3 rep PB and another month should see me beat my 1RM. Breezed bench and rows as well which was nice :cool:

Caporegime
Hadn't had the chance to go shopping the past few days and been in uni all day so went now. An hour of pre gym cardio probably won't help in todays session :o

edit:

Inspirational Profiles - Men
Zyzz
Inspires 6,555

#1 Most Inspirational :cool:
Not that I doubt for a second Zyzz, despite being a ****, has inspired many - I think a lot of those inspires are a tribute to him, rather than genuine inspires.

yeah, he is dead for anyone who didn't know.

Soldato
They must sell something other than chips? Surely? Otherwise, get a jacket potato and some beans with cheese, then make up for the protein later in the evening.

It's not ideal, but hey, things have to be done certain ways sometimes.

I have seen jacket pots there sometimes but not always. Good shout though. :)

Started on creapure/creatine today. :cool: Hopefully it'll be one of the few things that I can digest. :cool: It tastes really nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom