*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Well I cycle to try to loose a bit of weight, and gym to gain muscle and strength.

Fair game.

Hopefully a more experienced member will pop along, but either way, due to the cardio you are doing, your intake of food is going to have to go up a good old wack before you start seeing any mass gains.

:)

I would try and work legs though however, even if you think they get worked while cycling

Associate
Form is important primarily for prevention of injury, however, it's also key for activation of the correct muscles, getting the form wrong and you start to compensate for the incorrect movements, which can lead to uneven development, strains, and skeletal issues long term.

Deadlifting more than you squat is normal, deads should be the highest weight in the "big 3". People who can bench more than they can squat or deadlift deserve a kick in the balls.

Don't hurt me! I can only bench more than I can squat+deadlift because I have never done them before. Working on my posture before adding weight first so that I don't end up hurting myself, thats why I never done them in the first place :(. Regret it now tho because my legs are really killing me after each workout now :-S

Associate
Max I have deadlefted so far is 90kg and 50kg squat without stressing myself too much but oh boy I couldn't go to the gym two days after because of the pain :S Finnaly beat my PB bench up to 90kg from 80kg woooo! My aims for mid/end of december are 100kg bench, 100kg squat and at least 150kg deadlift:)

Permabanned
Associate
I've been making good gains with my training but I dislocated my finger yesterday and I've been advised to not do weights for 6 weeks on that hand... Any advice on what exercises to do now. I'm thinking of working just my left arm and keep doing crunches, planks etc but I'm clueless as to what to do for my legs.

Caporegime
I've been making good gains with my training but I dislocated my finger yesterday and I've been advised to not do weights for 6 weeks on that hand... Any advice on what exercises to do now. I'm thinking of working just my left arm and keep doing crunches, planks etc but I'm clueless as to what to do for my legs.

Extensions?

Caporegime

squats, squats, and more squats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom