*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
What angle do you do your BORS at? Just wondering what style do people use when doing them. :)

Personally i do BOR's around 45 degrees this allows the back to stay locked in and the majority of the upper back to be engaged, too horizontal and the lower back can weaken limiting neural activation. Too vertical and the trap takes over completely and the back isnt hit properly.

Caporegime
does not include the copious amount of Met - RX Hi-Test Amino Liquid and Fiber i now intake. Macros are slightly little higher as there half a slice of brown bread and penut butter 1hr before gym sessions.

This is me as of now...Still got a load of penuts I can eat from now till the workout, then obviously there will be dinner later tonight.

totalsv.jpg

The servings of instant oats are probably way off, I have probably a tea spoons worth in a shake, if that

Caporegime
Back from the back session...Bloody students getting in the way...Just standing there talking =/

Only got to 100kg on Deads today (PB 110kg+) lower back just didnt feel right...Hopefully the BORS have done their job :)

Also, I have the BEST whisk in the world...under £2 from Pound Stretcher :p The handle just rolls in your hand, it's awesome

Soldato
Did legs earlier today, good session, think I should be able to increase my squat next session too. Still feel it a bit on the knees though, especially when going super low. :\

Also, Icecold, if you read this can you recommend something for helping the muscle directly behind the knee please? Not quite the calf so I guess it's the hamstring? Basically it randomly tightens up a bit, no pain or anything and it can happen at random times like around the house, just so happened to have it in the gym today, feels OK now though??? Also my shoulders click when doing any shoulder work, even on seated pressnow :( will have a read through your thread because I'm sure I read quite a bit of stuff on shoulders in there before or in this thread.

What are you planning to whisk, Delvis?

Good one for not pushing on with 110kg again, gotta know your body and its limits. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
hooooooooly moly

2x10x90kg squat - HARD. only managed 9 reps of the second set, 10th wasn't gonna happen :p
1x10x100kg DL - HARD. had to take a couple of rests between 8/9 and 9/10
BW pullups managed 8 first set then 6 on second set with slow negatives
2x10x70kg bench - not bad, definitely very close to my 10rm max though
etc!

Good end to 10s overall.

Associate
that's excellent, already started doing the first 3 and some pull throughs.
If you can post a more recent video of your improved form it might be possible to work out why your numbers haven't been going up. What weights have you been training with?

as I said I've been taking it easy, here's what I did tonight, 130x10.
Camera angle is rubbish but I think I got a bit more leg drive and the back is always locked.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx-YRNPNWAA

Caporegime
I want my squat session back.

Squats
157.5 x 3
177.5 x 3
197.5 x 2 :mad:

Easy 2 reps then sneezed on the way up on the 3rd and lost tightness and stacked it :(

Bench

140 x 3
140 x 3
140 x 5 PB

Pendlay Rows
107.5 x 3
107.5 x 3
107.5 x 3

Associate
you're lucky you didin't injure yourself, losing focus on squats can be very dangerous.

I was only doing like 120x10 but simply lost my focus and lower back tightness halfway through and definitely felt it but did the rest of the set anyway. Had trouble sitting up and down the rest of the day. :(
Luckily some deep tissue massage sorted it out in a few days.
PS: not like 197.5x2 is something to sniff at...

Soldato
isnt it lovely when the gym's empty? just had a session where there was no-one even looking at the rack, and all the weights were nicely tidied away. Bliss.

Soldato
isnt it lovely when the gym's empty? just had a session where there was no-one even looking at the rack, and all the weights were nicely tidied away. Bliss.

I used to have this all the time when I used the work gym, then they started to let other people use it because workers never did. :( Long time ago now but it was awesome, wasn't a huge place but had most things and I could crank the sound system right up!

Realised that I don't have enough (hardly any :eek:) veg in my diet so am planning the following for my evening meals next week:

Stew will be cooked on Sunday and should leave enough for Monday too.

Soup for Tues/Weds.

Stir fry for Thurs.

Maybe boiled/steamed veg on Fri.

Will pickle some beetroot in prep for a nice salad too.

Obviously with meat added in where appropriate. :)

Soldato
Anyone read up on alkaline diets? Currently trying to improve skin and was reading into it.

Also any cons to soy milk? I dont mind it when I get a craving for cereal (bran flakes is all Im gonna have available to me now! no more binging on rubbish!)

Soldato
Anyone read up on alkaline diets? Currently trying to improve skin and was reading into it.

Also any cons to soy milk? I dont mind it when I get a craving for cereal (bran flakes is all Im gonna have available to me now! no more binging on rubbish!)

I was reading pretty far back in the supps thread this morning and i believe FF made quite a few big posts on the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom