*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Pushed a comfortable 138kg on the bench yesterday after a week rest. Felt strong after chest and arms and trained legs too. Drunk a pint of milk walking home along with 3 bananas and threw up when I got indoors. Lesson learned, never drink a lot of milk after an intense sesh.

Associate
115kg deadlift second time doing it

skepticalhippoisskeptical.jpg

Next time im trying to do my max I'll try and get somone to take a pic :) Somone showed me exactly how to it and I picked it up well last week unlike my squat :-/. Just want to know what weight/sets/reps I show working at to beat my PB ?

I don't know it wasnt bending that much but it was :)

Man of Honour
To be fair, the first time I deadlifted it was probably 140kg and my squat over 100kg

Also, it was harder to lift when the bar started to bend because it was heavier :p

Soldato
To be fair, the first time I deadlifted it was probably 140kg and my squat over 100kg

Also, it was harder to lift when the bar started to bend because it was heavier :p

brb year of my life wasted getting to the point in which others start

feelsbadman

maybe i just need to grow a pair and lift a weight i don't feel entirely comfortable with.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I started from a pretty athletic background though... sprinting, football, squash, etc. so my posterior chain was already fairly well developed. I think my natural affinity for sprinting explains my squat/deadlift strength, but it seems I have no such gift for benching :(

Soldato
feelsbadman

Hehe don't take it so personally - some people have much more physically pushing jobs than others (labourers etc), do a lot of physical sports over their lifes or are just naturally stronger :)

Take solace in the fact that someone with a good program, a good diet and a lot of dedication can still overtake them and never stop striving to do so =)

Associate
I started from a pretty athletic background though... sprinting, football, squash, etc. so my posterior chain was already fairly well developed. I think my natural affinity for sprinting explains my squat/deadlift strength, but it seems I have no such gift for benching :(

I'm partly the same except I come from 6 months of boxing trainning and some long distance running before I started the gym 6 weeks agow but I only started to deadlift and squat for the first time last firday and I was very very sore after it but today I feel fine after it :D My bench is way over developed compared to everything els because of the the 5 week head start and the boxing. I'm also quite small 5.7" :'( so aren't smaller people better at deadlifting? Only 17 but I hope I grow a little more because I hate being borderline average :(.

Icecold, what would you suggest doing to improve my deadlift and squat? Reps/sets/how often ect... :D ?

Caporegime
Maxed out at 115kg deadlift today (second time doing it =D) got 120kg of the floor but could only get it up half way, not bad for having a mild cold atm :( It got harder when the bar was starting to bend tho for some reason? How would I go about improving this? what should I do? I got to the gym every second day usally =P

I seriously hope you aren't straining yourself buddy, but if your form is good then congrats, i've been training since august and only got to 110KG deadlift, which im kinda chuffed with but hey.

And chrikey, your only 17? Or did I read that wrong?

Well you suck as well...Cant get over 75kg on squat

brb year of my life wasted getting to the point in which others start

feelsbadman

maybe i just need to grow a pair and lift a weight i don't feel entirely comfortable with.

As Monkee said I guess, everyones different. Just keep pushing I guess...I like to go for PB's but I swear I get less growth.

I seem to have stopped growing for some reason :o

kai

kai

Soldato
My body is a wreck at the moment, just screaming for a rest. Been training 6 days a week now for some time and eaten so strictly.

Last night was just nightmare, i was yawning in the gym and could hardly lift past 100kg deadlifts.

I am giving myself two days off and going to relax, got home from the gym and raided the freezer for something "rubbish" destroyed a tub of ice-cream ( i don’t even like the stuff) That’s not like me at all. But i think you just have to let go sometimes or risk of going INSANE is imminent.

Caporegime
My body is a wreck at the moment, just screaming for a rest. Been training 6 days a week now for some time and eaten so strictly.

Last night was just nightmare, i was yawning in the gym and could hardly lift past 100kg deadlifts.

I am giving myself two days off and going to relax, got home from the gym and raided the freezer for something "rubbish" destroyed a tub of ice-cream ( i don’t even like the stuff) That’s not like me at all. But i think you just have to let go sometimes or risk of going INSANE is imminent.

Damn straight, nout wrong with a gorging session every so often if you're that strict on your diet in the first place.

You've probably done it, but could you post a rough 'diet' on what you eat on a daily basis when you get a moment? Or just email me, just interested :)

Soldato
Hehe don't take it so personally - some people have much more physically pushing jobs than others (labourers etc), do a lot of physical sports over their lifes or are just naturally stronger :)

Take solace in the fact that someone with a good program, a good diet and a lot of dedication can still overtake them and never stop striving to do so =)

Just having one of those moments ya know :o

Associate
Yeah I'm 17 but I didn't just jump into it I done a load of studying watching videos and reading ect... And when I went to do it I asked an instructer how to do it
And make sure I was doing it right he watched me right up to 100kg and said my form was great and that I picked it up really well :)

Sorry for the spelling on my phone =P

Soldato
some people lead lives that make them strong, others sit at desks all day.

on a stag do a few months ago, we had an arm-wrestling contest, and all the gym bunnies and rugby players had their arms torn off by the HGV mechanic who's never been in a gym in his life.

Associate
Yeah I'm 17 but I didn't just jump into it I done a load of studying watching videos and reading ect... And when I went to do it I asked an instructer how to do it
And make sure I was doing it right he watched me right up to 100kg and said my form was great and that I picked it up really well :)

Sorry for the spelling on my phone =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom