*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Don't like skull crushers... too much scope for smashing your face when you fail! lol!

CGBP, cable work, french press and dips are all you need :p

Prefer 100s of bicepz kurlz though innit.

Yeah but.. I seem to have permanently 'twinged' my elbow since that one time I did skullcrushers (with too much weight probably).

And it flares up on the above exercises, no doubt once I switch my routite and go tricep pulldowns/dips etc it'll be worse.

Any suggestions?

By the way I use elbow straps to compress the elbows now during shoulder press.

Man of Honour
Yeah but.. I seem to have permanently 'twinged' my elbow since that one time I did skullcrushers (with too much weight probably).

And it flares up on the above exercises, no doubt once I switch my routite and go tricep pulldowns/dips etc it'll be worse.

Any suggestions?

By the way I use elbow straps to compress the elbows now during shoulder press.

Sounds like tendon inflammation - see your physio about it, could be trapping somewhere, or it's never healed fully.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You can use 15kg like me, as long as you can raise it smoothly and hold at the top. Reason I don't use big weights for these types of exercises is because it's all about focusing on contracting/squeezing the muscles. If you go up in weight you start to bring in other muscles, 30kg for example and your biceps will be working hard to keep your arms straight.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
It's the third exercise I do on shoulder day after db shoulder press and side lateral db raises. So you may want to put it in later on rather than going at it fresh like a boss!

Associate
Take it slowly for the time being, complexes plus plyo work is pretty intense so every other day is fine. As you know, PLP and the mwod stuff is designed to be done every day.

Aye. Am pretty achey anyway so wont be doing anything apart from PLP / Mwod and maybe a couple of APT stretches.

Feels really weird being achey having not done any weightlifting in 1.5 weeks (uni ski trip last week) :p

Associate
in the last 2 months my attendance to the Gym gradually dropped down.. Now i workout three times a week instead of 5... i put on 5Kg of FAT.

I am aiming to lose 10Kg of FAT next yr and become as cut as Jimmy Knehans

Soldato
Awesome session, BW+20kg weighted dips, 4x5 and 4 reps on the last set, couldn't quite squeeze out the last but happy regardless!

And finally hit 5x5 bodyweight pull ups, which is an achievement for me =)

Soldato
Oh yeah! Good, tried a couple of sets at 10kg and felt a bit light so went up to 15. Really massive pump in my shoulders in general, but I've got to work on hitting the muscles a bit more. Some reps I could feel the burn, some reps I felt like I was cheating! But great movement none the less and it'll be staying in my routine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom