• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I gave up on bodybuilding, weighing food, training avidly etc. Now i just eat healthy three times per day and train 3 days per week and basically guestimate now and i feel loads better and happier this way.

Pretty much what I do, I make sure I get all the daily vitimans I need. But I don't stress over food too much just make sure I eat everything I see. Don't stress about going out for dinner, having a unexpected take-away.

But then I don't eat **** very often, can't even remember the last time I eat sweets or a packet of crisps. Then i can't remember I eat a bit of fruit! :o

Associate
33155772.jpg

Just for proof.

I think big things will happen this year. :)

Ah, so this is you, not so bad, not so bad.

Soldato
Hate bad spotters, no matter how hard you tell them something, they just ignore you.

For that reason I can only count 6 reps of the 8 I pushed tonight on my wendler bench week 3 :(

Roll on deloads and cycle 2

Caporegime
Hate bad spotters, no matter how hard you tell them something, they just ignore you.

For that reason I can only count 6 reps of the 8 I pushed tonight on my wendler bench week 3 :(

Roll on deloads and cycle 2

It can't be that hard surely?

Catch the bar if you see it drop? Do not touch it unless it stalls in one place for 5 seconds? :p

Never had a spot.............That'll be odd when I do

Soldato
Nice back session today, and did a chin (dead hang to chest at the bar) with 40kg on the belt. Hardly ever do 1RMs but I think the weighted chin is one I'll start doing.

dod

dod

Soldato
Back tonight

deadlifts
10X70kg
2X10X90 kg
2X8X110kG

t-bar rows on a new machine thing
1X10X30kg
4X10X50kg

hang cleans
3X8X40kg

lat pull down and seated row
3X10X52kg each

curlz - heaps :D

dod

dod

Soldato
Have you tried dropping all the direct back work like deadlifts a good while to see if things get better?

I'm not touching any olympic or powerlifting work for a long time.

I never used to do weights at all. It was after I stopped smoking I started going to the gym and started reading in here that I started doing anything.

My backs stronger now than it's ever been but I can still feel the weakness in the "disk", it's difficult to explain. I do deads but have taken a long time to progress up the weight with them. Any time I feel I've overdone it I drop them and squats for a couple of weeks.

Soldato
Well first day back:

Mobility warm up
Squats - 90kg
Bench - 87.5kg
BB Row- 67.5kg

They're not all far off from normal working set, so pretty happy :D. Gonna go back to 5x5 on squats as it was nice hitting triple digits for a PB. So, now to get there in my working set!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom