The 2013-14 betting thread! **Spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Gonna sort out my world cup bets today. I like the look of some of the top-scorer odds, so I will stick a few quid on a few different people. And I already have my outsider marked at 80/1;)

Soldato
Lukaku at 33/1 could be worth a punt.

That isn't bad, but personally I really don't fancy Belgium. I am gonna put a cheeky few quid on Dzecko at 80/1, as I think his group provides him with a good chance of getting a few goals, and he is the sort of player who might pick up a hattrick along the way(plus he takes penalties). Bosnia have Iran and Nigeria in their group, and I fancy them to get through with Argentina.

I am also gonna do quite a few £5 accas of group winners/qualifiers. I just sketched out an acca of group qualifiers and a fiver came out as £500ish, and that was with teams that are pretty well-fancied.

Soldato
I wouldn't be particularly surprised if Belgium failed to live up to the hype, but if they do bring it I like the look of their group. Belgium are the best team in it, but not to the extent that everyone else will sit back and defend. Could be a happy hunting ground for a confident young striker with some creative midfielders behind him.

Soldato
Been trying spread betting the last few days. Started off doing ok and thought I'd got the hang of it.

Saw decent prices on LA Galaxy vs Philadelphia. Put £10 per point on the winning margin thinking it was on la galaxy. Saw the score at 4-0 thinking briliant.

Nope. I put it the wrong way around :(

Soldato
Absolutely gutting the other night in the CL. Had £50 on Athletico, only for my battery to go in the pub and was unable to cashout near the end. Prayed for them to hang on and my stomach sank as they equalised.

:(

Soldato
Bout time I had a little luck. Took France win with clean sheet. They seem half decent at the moment. Might not be such a shambles at the wc this year.

Man of Honour
This is interesting me a bit: http://www.ladbrokes.com/tc/brazil/
(basically free bet refund up to £25 on the outright market if Messi/Neymar/Ronaldo/Suarez is top scorer). It includes joint top scorer so there is a fairly reasonable chance of that being triggered IMO i.e. you'd only fail to get refunded if another player outscored all of those.

Looking at what sort of odds they have on offer in the outright market they are joint best for Spain, Italy and England in case you fancy any of those.

As for the goalscorer market itself, vaguely tempted by Aguero @ 16/1 given Argentina have a fairly easy group but lingering worry about whether Higuain might start ahead of him. Probably a bit too short for me in the end, at 25/1 I'd take it.

Soldato
If I'm honest I have given up betting on statistical chance, and have changed to gut feeling. Today I have guessed at Nigeria and Scotland being both able to stop each other scoring without much up front. So Under 2.5 @ 1.6

Right!!! That's it. I give up. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
That goal was never given.
The commentators also said it looked like he has thrown it in his own net, but I can't tell if his right hand slips off the ball and his collision pushes his other arm across him.

Associate
If I'm honest I have given up betting on statistical chance, and have changed to gut feeling. Today I have guessed at Nigeria and Scotland being both able to stop each other scoring without much up front. So Under 2.5 @ 1.6

Right!!! That's it. I give up. :(

Hahhaha anyone could tell you it would be over 2.5. Lots of people were saying it was fixed so the Nigerian goalie lets at least 2 in.

Soldato
Hahhaha anyone could tell you it would be over 2.5. Lots of people were saying it was fixed so the Nigerian goalie lets at least 2 in.

Yet the first was a decent lob 10ft over him, and the second was a volley he had no chance of getting. If anything I'd be looking at the Scots for the appalling attempt to save the last goal. So I don't think anyone could have said any of that would happen. I was hoping a 2 nil finish line max.

Soldato
Yet the first was a decent lob 10ft over him, and the second was a volley he had no chance of getting. If anything I'd be looking at the Scots for the appalling attempt to save the last goal. So I don't think anyone could have said any of that would happen. I was hoping a 2 nil finish line max.

Scotland losing the goal in 90th minute in that style looked massively suspect, this 2-2 scoreline was touted days before the match, utterly shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom