*** The 2017 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
Lovers and haters of Crossfit but 4 months into my crossfit journey and still enjoying it and weights are progressing.

3RM 140kg deadlift today which I'm very happy with. heaviest I'd every managed before I started Crossfit was 110kg for 1.
Squat session the other night was 5 sets of 3 @ 90kg into 60% of that weight to failure. Managed 32 reps @ 54kg before I was shot!
Hoping to get 3RM of 100kg before xmas on squat.

Interesting how people differ - I can squat 100kg for 3 comfortably but 140kg the most I've tried to deadlift for a single and there wasn't much in the tank past that (blah blah T-Rex arms /excuses).

Soldato
Interesting how people differ - I can squat 100kg for 3 comfortably but 140kg the most I've tried to deadlift for a single and there wasn't much in the tank past that (blah blah T-Rex arms /excuses).

I've only just got back to squatting after a long time away from it due to knee issues etc. But agreed - horses for courses.

Soldato
Lovers and haters of Crossfit but 4 months into my crossfit journey and still enjoying it and weights are progressing.

3RM 140kg deadlift today which I'm very happy with. heaviest I'd every managed before I started Crossfit was 110kg for 1.
Squat session the other night was 5 sets of 3 @ 90kg into 60% of that weight to failure. Managed 32 reps @ 54kg before I was shot!

Despite the high rep deadlifts videos making my back sore just thinking about them, well coached and programmed Crossfit is highly motivating and if it works for you then who cares what anyone else thinks?

Soldato

Nice early xmas present for me!

Nice busy gym this morning with everyone getting squatting done. (squat bootcamp on a wednesday but need to do homework at the weekends)

So this weeks home work was to add 2.5kg to last weeks 5 sets of 3 reps. So aim was 92.5kg for me. Then max out to failure at 70% of your set of 3.

However in the warm up, one of the coaches said 80kg warm up looked to easy so he wanted to see 95kg on the bar.

So 4 sets of 3 @ 95kg. Last set was challenge time, could I do the magical 100kg for the 3 reps. Boom - job done. First ever 100kg squats for 3 reps. Chuffed to bits to get 100kg.

Downside was my 70% was now 70kg. Managed 20 reps @ 70kg.

Good week this week with PB's in Squat and Deadlift.

Soldato
Right as we approach the new year, one of my goals is to get my diet in check. In general I'd say my diet isn't bad when it comes to macros, but I'm awful at meal prepping and I'm spending £20 a day on food. I need to reign this in as I've got a couple of lean months coming up.

I need to be in a position where I can prepare a weeks worth of lunches for around £20. In theory it doesnt sound too difficult, other than the fact I'm a disaster in the kitchen and one of the fussiest eaters alive.

Ideally I'm looking for protein rich (50g ish per serving) meals that I can reheat at lunch time to see me through the day, calorie budget is in the region of 600-800 calories per serving. A sandwich and a protein shake is the other option, but worth seeing what else I could do first. I work in an office but do have access to a microwave to reheat food.

Anybody have any recipes they particularly recommend?

Man of Honour
^^turkey mince is pretty cheap. I buy a lot these days.

Currently have a strange program that has certainly worked for me. Mostly reiyushins squat and deadlift program where I have added 2.5kg every 3 weeks and have hit every lift. I think I could add more, but I feel this approach keeps me safer away from injury. Now that I can deadlift over 200kg I have become more cautious in terms of my back health. To be fair I haven't had even the slightest of lower back pain.

Most other exercises I do 8x3 and then add 1.25kg or 2.5kg depending on the exercise. Has prevented me from hitting a wall so far. The few machines that I use I have mostly switched to one arm since I have maxed them out. I would say triceps I am struggling most to find an exercise that pushes them as I can't do too much in the way of cgbp, although I might add that into my chest work out now that my shoulder is strong again.

Man of Honour
I did wish all the gym ratz sloots a Merry Christmas in the FB group but apparently none nipple pictures still earn you a 24 hour posting ban so Merry Christmas you handsome bros!

Soldato
Have been slacking a lot recently, only 3 sessions last week, and 4 sessions the week before that.

Looking to get back into it today, hoping that all that extra food will mean I can hit it hard.

Merry Christmas all.

Associate
I had 10 days off. I was feeling terrible before Xmas, possibly over-training but now I feel great and ready to get back to training.

Don't beat yourselves up, everyone's got to rest at some point :D

Good luck to all trying to train with the massive influx of people on 1st Jan :D

Associate
Was Santa good to any rats this year? He got me fractional plates, an ab wheel, some mini bands and a mini muscle roller :D

I got some new knee wraps (titan max rpm) can get them much tighter than my old ones. A new bag to put inside my main bag for all of my gym essentials. And a new lever belt on order.

Back
Top Bottom