[[[The 2022 Gym Rats Thread]]] ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Soldato
But a double portion bowl of cereal is more quantity then the porridge I've suggested. Ok there's the issue of you not being a fan of porridge so that's a different matter but if volume is your issue you need to focus on what's calorie dense, maybe you really need to focus on upping the fats, consider a keto style diet.

It is a a greater quantity, physically, but TBH @Freefaller had it right probably, get head help first, because it has to be a mental thing that makes it hard to even eat a small Morrisons pizza for lunch today for example.

Man of Honour
A tiny bit of a bounce, but you moved it. I’d take it for a gym PR, your form is tight enough. Comp lifts have never bothered me anyway. My mate competes and half the stuff they green light him on I’d disagree with :p. If I fussed over every tiny imperfection I’d never have progressed.

Associate
A tiny bit of a bounce, but you moved it. I’d take it for a gym PR, your form is tight enough. Comp lifts have never bothered me anyway. My mate competes and half the stuff they green light him on I’d disagree with :p. If I fussed over every tiny imperfection I’d never have progressed.
yeah i am gonna try it again in a few months without the bounce and see what i can do. Think my arse came up a bit as well for a second which i can change. I am happy with it thought since i only started training around the end of February.

Now my goals are to rep 100kg by the end of the year for 5 rep
at the moment i am repping 85kg for 8x4

I would love my squat to go up to 120 minimum and my deadlift to rise to 150kg

I cut in 2 weeks gonna be sad seeing my numbers go down but its worth it for the shreds.

Thanks for the responses guys i appreciate it. I don't often post here but i am always lurking :)

Man of Honour
yeah i am gonna try it again in a few months without the bounce and see what i can do. Think my arse came up a bit as well for a second which i can change. I am happy with it thought since i only started training around the end of February.

Now my goals are to rep 100kg by the end of the year for 5 rep
at the moment i am repping 85kg for 8x4

I would love my squat to go up to 120 minimum and my deadlift to rise to 150kg

I cut in 2 weeks gonna be sad seeing my numbers go down but its worth it for the shreds.

Thanks for the responses guys i appreciate it. I don't often post here but i am always lurking :)

You’ll no doubt find that progress will slow significantly in due course and may even reverse at times. That’s the moment when your mindset really counts.

I always work that as long as I’m within ‘90% of good form’, whatever that actually means then I’m good. Almost every single injury I’ve had has either come from a 1RM attempt which is why I very rarely bother with them or more often than not loading/unloading the bar :D

Associate
You’ll no doubt find that progress will slow significantly in due course and may even reverse at times. That’s the moment when your mindset really counts.
yeah your right i am not worried about it since although i enjoy results and numbers at the end of the day I just enjoy turning up to the gym and giving it my all

Man of Honour
Hi Guys,

Would you count this 1 Rep 100kg bench. Looking back on it I bounced slightly off my chest. Your opinions would be good to hear.

Thanks

My 100kg Bench
Honestly I think that was actually very good. You probably just need to tighten yourself up a little (hard to tell from this angle) but you could slow it down and with the right bracing/form I bet you could do it with no bounce :)
Great work mate - 100kg is a great milestone.

Associate
Honestly I think that was actually very good. You probably just need to tighten yourself up a little (hard to tell from this angle) but you could slow it down and with the right bracing/form I bet you could do it with no bounce :)
Great work mate - 100kg is a great milestone.
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback i will definitely be working on this for my next 1rm test in a few months.

This test was after 5 sets of 8 85kg so i was fatigued already. i think i have a cleaner one in the bag in the future as i have nice slow controlled reps usually.

Thanks again Mate :)

Soldato
Yeah a nice decent 100kg there @Omega_ . When it comes to cutting don’t expect your lifts to go backwards. They really shouldn’t. They might not progress as quickly or even stay the same but your overall strength if managed correctly should remain stable.

How long and how aggressive of a cut do you have planned?

Associate
Yeah a nice decent 100kg there @Omega_ . When it comes to cutting don’t expect your lifts to go backwards. They really shouldn’t. They might not progress as quickly or even stay the same but your overall strength if managed correctly should remain stable.

How long and how aggressive of a cut do you have planned?
HI,

thanks for the advice.

I will be doing more 5-6 rep things during my cut basically prioritising strength training over hypertrophy unlike my bulk so that i can keep as much muscle as possible. The focus will be maintaining my muscle mass with minimum losses.

My cut will be 12 weeks and will be a deficit of 500 to start with for the first 6 weeks or so. If i am comfortable i will probably lower it too around 2200 then finally 2000 for the last 2-3 weeks depending on how it goes. Would you say this is an okay plan? i am currently on around 2800-3200 cals on a daily basis. Ill be keeping protein high around 2-2.5g per kg and having my carbs slightly lower maybe 150g less and see how i feel on a day to day basis and take it as it comes. Fats will be moderate to high to keep me nice and full.

Any advice would be appreciated. I am 89kg right now and looking to get to around 80-82kg. Thanks

Soldato
Your plan sounds very sensible and on a similar level to what I’ve done this year to drop weight, except you get to eat a lot more then I did haha. I’m in the phase of reverse dieting my way up to my new maintenance, after my cut ending up at 1650.

Although you don’t need fats to keep you full, carbs and protein are much more satiating in general and that should be your focus for hunger control.

Protein keep at what your saying or 1-1.5g per 1lb bodyweight, fats 30-60g per day and fill the rest of your cals with carbs. Target for 60g fats in that range 30 being the bare minimum.

Associate
Your plan sounds very sensible and on a similar level to what I’ve done this year to drop weight, except you get to eat a lot more then I did haha. I’m in the phase of reverse dieting my way up to my new maintenance, after my cut ending up at 1650.

Although you don’t need fats to keep you full, carbs and protein are much more satiating in general and that should be your focus for hunger control.

Protein keep at what your saying or 1-1.5g per 1lb bodyweight, fats 30-60g per day and fill the rest of your cals with carbs. Target for 60g fats in that range 30 being the bare minimum.
Hi,

Thank you i have put a lot of time and effort into research its a lot of fun. Im lucky that my cut is 2000 bare minimum. Couldnt imagine 1650 for more than a few weeks. Im currently on 60-80g of fat a day so that shouldn't be an issue. Ill keep you guys updated with weight and pics if anyone is interested Since i dont really get to speak to anyone irl about it. Thank you for the suggestions!

B&W

B&W

Soldato
What gymbags would you guys recommend, bought a strengthshop 13mm lever belt and current gym bag is tiny. Also need some new comfy loose boxers which will not split at the bottom of a squat.

Back
Top Bottom