ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ ||| The 2023/2024 Gym Rats Thread ||| ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Fortunately I was on my final ‘lighter’ sets of 178kg squats when I walked in with a different stance to usual, missed the left J peg, thought I had it on the second attempt, let go as it then pulled me down to the side. I got off lightly due to the safety bar that caught it with just a minor bump on my head that mostly landed on the muscle at the top of my neck and a slightly sensitive shoulder.

As long as you're OK!

My progress has stalled. I think I've damaged my radial nerve, my tricep just isn't firing at all, I can't really flex it, no pain. Bench has gone from 102.5kg to struggling with 30kg for 5. I think it's one of those things that just takes a long time to heal on its own. In the meantime I'd imagine my tricep will waste away.

I can still squat and deadlift thankfully.

Since hitting around 37 years old (now 40), between lifting an BJJ, it's basically been injury after injury.

My progress has stalled. I think I've damaged my radial nerve, my tricep just isn't firing at all, I can't really flex it, no pain. Bench has gone from 102.5kg to struggling with 30kg for 5. I think it's one of those things that just takes a long time to heal on its own. In the meantime I'd imagine my tricep will waste away.

I can still squat and deadlift thankfully.

Since hitting around 37 years old (now 40), between lifting an BJJ, it's basically been injury after injury.
I wouldnt blame age for injury. Since kicking back in with my training since 39 (now 41) ive been out of the gym once due to injury where my back just seized up due to over doing things. Other then that, its been plain sailing.

I wouldnt blame age for injury. Since kicking back in with my training since 39 (now 41) ive been out of the gym once due to injury where my back just seized up due to over doing things. Other then that, its been plain sailing.
Something like BJJ is going to leave you a lot more battered than just gym work though

Something like BJJ is going to leave you a lot more battered than just gym work though
It almost certainly happened during BJJ, every injury I have ever had has (and there has been numerous), the gym aggravates it.

Thankfully it doesn't really affect my BJJ, bench pressing/shoulder pressing movements just aren't ever needed.

Back
Top Bottom