*** The 3rd OcUK PS3 FIFA09 Cup ***

Caporegime
Think that Pseudo's got a good one with Norway to be honest!!! Riise's left boot is an absolute weapon!

What's the ruling on things like shooting straight from kick-off? Not a fan of it myself, but if everyone else is doing it I don't want to miss out!!!

Ah crap. And Carew too. :(

Guess it's going to be another 5-4-1 task that one. :p

Soldato
Sorry Skippi I'm quite happy with Keano et al.... :)

I can start my games as of Wednesday next week. Sunday might be tight for me but I'll do my best !

Associate
wow sweden what a great team..

ibrahimovic upfront!

whapper, surfer, one more solo, anticonscience i'll add you guys later i got football at 5 i'll be back around half 6 ish to get games done.

Last edited:
Soldato
gotta be honest not exactly thrilled at the change to the groups. So we are back with the 5 team groups again? and all 4 star internationals???. i'll let you know if i want to drop out or continue later on ta.

only 2 from 5 makes it too difficult to qualify tbh. Wheres the 3rd place play off at least? :p I gotta have smt to aim for.....

Last edited:
Caporegime
gotta be honest not exactly thrilled at the change to the groups. So we are back with the 5 team groups again? and all 4 star internationals???. i'll let you know if i want to drop out or continue later on ta.

only 2 from 5 makes it too difficult to qualify tbh. Wheres the 3rd place play off at least? :p I gotta have smt to aim for.....

There can be draws.

Aim to win! :)

I get annoyed about losing one match in a group. :D

Soldato
OP

I was considering drawing a knock out round for the 3rd, 4th and 5th placed players seperately, if the demand was there.

i.e. 1st and 2nd go into the overall winners tournament, then all 3rd placed players go into a knock out to find the best 3rd placed player. 4th placed players go into a similar knock out and same with 5th placed. Then the competition continues for everyone.

But the main competition needs to have players knocked out somehow otherwise we may aswell not bother!

Soldato
I have the same fear too, only played ps3ud0 before and those games didn't end well. :D

Thats coz he cheats hah na only kidding. I did manage to beat him the other day as Brazil i think? cant remember who he was. 90th minute goal by me ;)

He thumped me the next match 4-0 though...

RE: Groups. In the world cup in groups of 4 the 3rd team had a chance of going through.(I know this coz i would dream of Scotland getting that coveted 3rd place to qualify for the 2nd round of the World Cup for the first time ever :D)

Not sure if we need entire 3rd/4th/5th place competition because of the amount of work involved.

Instead of going to quarter finals straight away - go to 2nd round matches? Not sure on the logistics though as including all 3rd place teams = 12 teams going through instead of 8.

Caporegime
Actually going to hop onto FIFA now if anyone wants to make an early start.

Got footie on Weds and Fri from 6.30pm to 9pm and on Monday from 8.30pm to 10.30pm.

Free any time other than those.

Caporegime
I was considering drawing a knock out round for the 3rd, 4th and 5th placed players seperately, if the demand was there.

i.e. 1st and 2nd go into the overall winners tournament, then all 3rd placed players go into a knock out to find the best 3rd placed player. 4th placed players go into a similar knock out and same with 5th placed. Then the competition continues for everyone.

But the main competition needs to have players knocked out somehow otherwise we may aswell not bother!
Great idea - be can it be like a B final?...

I think this would be good, as at least most people are playing for something and when people eventually get knocked out they wont be waiting too long for the compo to restart.

Can I be harsh and recommend only 3rd and 4th go into this knockout scheme (its like the Champions League qualifers where if you dont make it you get entered in the Europa Cup instead) and the 5th person in the squad just doesnt full stop? At least it keeps value in being 3rd and 4th...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime

I think you are selling yourself short - youve improved a load lately when Ive been playing you (and weve played a lot of tight games) so I think its more confidence with your team - get some practise in!!!

I have the same fear too, only played ps3ud0 before and those games didn't end well. :D
Took me a while to work out Cameroons not-so-secret weapon - felt like a chump until I worked out the rest of your team werent great :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom