The 5 year plan to £50k - Accomplished.

Soldato
Just to inspire FoxEye, I had a phone call from the Head of Dept. I am being promoted to the Manager position following an expansion in the dept and people being shuffled around.

I have gone from dole in 2010 to £46k as of next month. I had to move from my parents in 2011 moving 90miles away, then at the end of 2013 had to move again around 140 miles from my friends and family but it has all paid off.

I am so happy!

Soldato
Seems like you posted the thread a bit early if you are earning £46k rather than £50k! That will likely take you another 6 or 12 months depending on your review cycles to hit your target.

Man of Honour
I have gone from dole in 2010 to £46k as of next month.

Is that really the same as FoxEye was trying to do though? The dole isn't exactly the very bottom if you ended up on it after say redundancy etc and have previous qualifications. What did you do before being on the dole?

Soldato
What effect has moving away from your friends had? Did you move with a girlfriend/wife or on your own? I'm currently considering moving to London but most of my friends live near my current location and I'm not really someone who enjoys being on their own too much.

Soldato
do you define happiness based on earnings?

I'm sure they'll be millions out there on a very low wage but are blissfully happy with their life.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;27216288 said:
Is that really the same as FoxEye was trying to do though? The dole isn't exactly the very bottom if you ended up on it after say redundancy etc and have previous qualifications. What did you do before being on the dole?

worked for local government after uni, did a few years, rage quit, went to uni again, rage quit, realised my mistakes and changed my attitude to work and everything since has been served on a plate for me by various people, like being given all the interview questions and getting promotions without needing an interview.

I've had to work hard though in the roles I've had mind. I've had to learn to be tougher and take things on the chin sometimes.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Okay, what happened from you being on the dole to landing a well-paying job.

You do realise that that won't happen for the overwhelming number of people despite having a good work-ethic.

It's not just down to how you apply yourself. There's always an element of chance involved.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Okay, what happened from you being on the dole to landing a well-paying job.

You do realise that that won't happen for the overwhelming number of people despite having a good work-ethic.

It's not just down to how you apply yourself. There's always an element of chance involved.

Pretty much exactly this. While it's great news for Op it doesn't mean anyone else wishing to follow the same path will land the same luck.

Back
Top Bottom