THE 50K CHALLENGE: NEW MUSTANG ON THE WAY, BUT WOULD 50K BE BETTER SPENT ON ANOTHER MARQUE?

OcUK Staff
OP
Ace. Pleased to see you rate it.

I think it’s just drag reduction, the roadster only does 194 and personally I like glass roof for a coupe- Just gives the extra light inside.

Good colour too and look at the price of that XKRS. Remember JLR have given 3yearvnotice to Ford for the V8 production.

What does that mean m8? No more Jaguar V8 in 3yr? Also so the engine is Ford then? Is it the Coyote engine from Mustang?

Soldato
Pretty much. No the AJ133 engine is a completely unique to JLR designed in-house. Ford simply made it as part of the legacy relationship and factory space at Bridgend. Of course JLR now has its own plant at Wolverhampton which initially made ingenium diesel to replace the Ford DW12 and now also does 4 cylinder petrol rather than buying Ford units.

OcUK Staff
OP
Pretty much. No the AJ133 engine is a completely unique to JLR designed in-house. Ford simply made it as part of the legacy relationship and factory space at Bridgend. Of course JLR now has its own plant at Wolverhampton which initially made ingenium diesel to replace the Ford DW12 and now also does 4 cylinder petrol rather than buying Ford units.

So if no V8 in 3yr, will there be another V8, or are Jaguar walking away from V8 motors in favour of something else, if you are allowed to say of course?

OcUK Staff
OP
Guys

Gonna play hard ball, I do want the car, but people saying it will be worth 40k in 2yr scares me, though I find that hard to believe based on current values of the very first V8S rag tops in the market which are not even rare or desirable.

Lee posted this some pages back:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/jaguar/xkr/jaguar-xk-xkr-s/8129778

Is the XKR more desirable than the F-type SVR? If that can fetch 50k at 6yr old, then why an F-type at 5yr old would only be worth 40k seems a bit odd especially in a climate where used car prices seem to be increasing generally and not reducing.
Admittedly I'd never pay 50k for that XKR, but that is because I am not particular fond of the way they drive, but it does look good, but the F-type looks way better. :D

Permabanned
Guys

Gonna play hard ball, I do want the car, but people saying it will be worth 40k in 2yr scares me, though I find that hard to believe based on current values of the very first V8S rag tops in the market which are not even rare or desirable.

Lee posted this some pages back:
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/jaguar/xkr/jaguar-xk-xkr-s/8129778

Is the XKR more desirable than the F-type SVR? If that can fetch 50k at 6yr old, then why an F-type at 5yr old would only be worth 40k seems a bit odd especially in a climate where used car prices seem to be increasing generally and not reducing.
Admittedly I'd never pay 50k for that XKR, but that is because I am not particular fond of the way they drive, but it does look good, but the F-type looks way better. :D

XKR-S at £50k... lol, just lol... no-one is stupid enough to buy that.

I bought a 2011 XKR-S in 2013 with 9,000km on the clock for 70,000 CHF (~£50k) and Swiss used prices are similar to UK.

Granted it was the less-desireable colour of white and the Swiss seem to avoid anything "track focused" like the "S" which brought it's price down a bit... but still... there's no way in hell I'd pay the same price 4 years down the line. £30-40k seems more appropriate for that... but then it is also more rare than the V8 F-Type.

This is more like it... the XKR-S has flattened out a bit:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...ar-xf-5-0-v8-supercharged-550ps-xfr-s/8132355

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
XKR-S at £50k... lol, just lol... no-one is stupid enough to buy that.

I bought a 2011 XKR-S in 2013 with 9,000km on the clock for 70,000 CHF (~£50k) and Swiss used prices are similar to UK.

Granted it was the less-desireable colour of white and the Swiss seem to avoid anything "track focused" like the "S" which brought it's price down a bit... but still... there's no way in hell I'd pay the same price 4 years down the line. £30-40k seems more appropriate for that... but then it is also more rare than the V8 F-Type.

This is more like it... the XKR-S has flattened out a bit:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...ar-xf-5-0-v8-supercharged-550ps-xfr-s/8132355

Super saloon, all brands depreciate like crazy on fast saloons.

Associate
looks good, sounds amazing.... still wouldnt buy it. Reckon the novelty will off and you will still want a porsche. Also, the tech in JLR stuff is woeful. Not sure how good Porsche is on that front.

OcUK Staff
OP
looks good, sounds amazing.... still wouldnt buy it. Reckon the novelty will off and you will still want a porsche. Also, the tech in JLR stuff is woeful. Not sure how good Porsche is on that front.

Also rubbish, Mustang has better infotainment and dash then them both, but for me its a small part and perfectly adequate. Performance, noise, drive, gearbox, naughtiness are all on epic levels.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom