THE 50K CHALLENGE: NEW MUSTANG ON THE WAY, BUT WOULD 50K BE BETTER SPENT ON ANOTHER MARQUE?

Caporegime
Keep modding the Golf, turn it into a proper sleeper... Stage 5 or something stupid. Replace quad tips with dual tips, remove R badge. :p

Glad to hear you like the SVR, bring it to a meet when you buy one... ;)

And check your tags! ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OK mind is blown, jesus christ it could not be further away from that V6S I drove and the sheer force and pin you in the seat was mind blowing. I need to calm down but what a car, really what a car it may be no faster than a 911 GT3, GTR but my god it feels vastly quicker, its savage, which I really like and any RPM, 1500, 3000, 4500 or 6000 and the thing just engages hyper drive.

Yep that’s it, brutal and an event every time.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Some pictures of videos because easily one of the best stock sounding cars I've ever heard:

S2_1.jpg~original

S1_1.jpg~original

S3_1.jpg~original

S4_1.jpg~original

So does it make up for what I disliked on the V6S, one being response and power from the power plant, absolutely this cars response is crazy, in normal mode it is more responsive and sharper than the V6S was in dynamic mode. This car just has torque and power everywhere, it just pounces like a panther, absolutely amazing how it will just jump and the acceleration feels brutal and really makes it feel lighter than it is.

It was harder to push the car hard with a sales guy, though he seemed to be loving it, but yes it is more planted and yes it puts all that power down amazingly well and it certainly feels more confident inspiring and it seem to be playful still but of course not as much, could certainly wag tail on a junction exit. :)

The thing I really noticed and I cannot explain why, is those here with DSG's, GTR's will know when you stop, if you want to launch hard and you mash the throttle there is what seems like a small delay/pause, I experienced this in V6S, GTR's I've driven, Mustangs and the Golf R with its DSG. Yet in the SVR the moment you press that pedal whether it is light or hard the car has catapulted there is no appreciable delay and that really impressed me, gearbox also seemed to be on another level it was snappy and instant on paddles, as quicker if not quicker than my DSG, again another surprise for a full blown automatic, in short this box I would never want for DSG, PDK it just seems amazing and the fact it has zero delay off the line is something I have not experienced in the PDK's, DSG's and other cars I've driven, it is just instant.

Acceleration is bloody stupid quick, 0-60 felt well under 3s, I know its not but because there is no appreciable delay and it is so brutal it just blitzes it and that pull never seems to stop, I can see why its a 200mph car. I never tried Vmax mode, I just checked if the rumour was true and it is, hold spoiler button down and the car goes into some Vmax mode, no idea what happens, maybe our resident Jaguar experts can give the low down what changes in Vmax mode?

It felt special, it sounded ridiculous, it when like the proverbial off a shuffle, still blown away by it, really made me want one, I love a GT3 but I want one of these too as this does things a GT3 does not and vice versa.

Also switching from normal to dynamic had more of an effect on suspension firmness it felt a bit hardcore, flat, firm but compliant. Pops and bangs did seem a touched more toned down though, but no doubt due to be drowned out by roar of the V8.

I've probably missed things, but yeah cannot really fault car or find bad parts about it. A dream spec would have the carbon roof as well as the carbon pack which this has and ceramics, though not too fussed about ceramics in case I need new ones, it is bend over time, but I do prefer the yellow calipers against blue paint work, so I guess that could be my mod, paint the calipers, LOL, cannot really do anything else, plus I'd not want too.

The dealership is really refusing to budge on price, but their finance offer is now far more competitive with my own friends offer and they have agreed on new tyres, service, new rear wheel (curbed lightly). So I am now talking about service packs to see what is the best they can extract and another 1% of the finance interest rate, currently at 5.9%, so pushing for 4.9% otherwise it is easier to go with my buddy who is at 3.5%, don't mind a touch more to keep it all in one place, just chipping away at them.

But yes if they give me the deal I want I could be driving an SVR sooner than later.

Soldato
Hi there

Some pictures of videos because easily one of the best stock sounding cars I've ever heard:

S2_1.jpg~original

S1_1.jpg~original

S3_1.jpg~original

S4_1.jpg~original

So does it make up for what I disliked on the V6S, one being response and power from the power plant, absolutely this cars response is crazy, in normal mode it is more responsive and sharper than the V6S was in dynamic mode. This car just has torque and power everywhere, it just pounces like a panther, absolutely amazing how it will just jump and the acceleration feels brutal and really makes it feel lighter than it is.

It was harder to push the car hard with a sales guy, though he seemed to be loving it, but yes it is more planted and yes it puts all that power down amazingly well and it certainly feels more confident inspiring and it seem to be playful still but of course not as much, could certainly wag tail on a junction exit. :)

The thing I really noticed and I cannot explain why, is those here with DSG's, GTR's will know when you stop, if you want to launch hard and you mash the throttle there is what seems like a small delay/pause, I experienced this in V6S, GTR's I've driven, Mustangs and the Golf R with its DSG. Yet in the SVR the moment you press that pedal whether it is light or hard the car has catapulted there is no appreciable delay and that really impressed me, gearbox also seemed to be on another level it was snappy and instant on paddles, as quicker if not quicker than my DSG, again another surprise for a full blown automatic, in short this box I would never want for DSG, PDK it just seems amazing and the fact it has zero delay off the line is something I have not experienced in the PDK's, DSG's and other cars I've driven, it is just instant.

Acceleration is bloody stupid quick, 0-60 felt well under 3s, I know its not but because there is no appreciable delay and it is so brutal it just blitzes it and that pull never seems to stop, I can see why its a 200mph car. I never tried Vmax mode, I just checked if the rumour was true and it is, hold spoiler button down and the car goes into some Vmax mode, no idea what happens, maybe our resident Jaguar experts can give the low down what changes in Vmax mode?

It felt special, it sounded ridiculous, it when like the proverbial off a shuffle, still blown away by it, really made me want one, I love a GT3 but I want one of these too as this does things a GT3 does not and vice versa.

Also switching from normal to dynamic had more of an effect on suspension firmness it felt a bit hardcore, flat, firm but compliant. Pops and bangs did seem a touched more toned down though, but no doubt due to be drowned out by roar of the V8.

I've probably missed things, but yeah cannot really fault car or find bad parts about it. A dream spec would have the carbon roof as well as the carbon pack which this has and ceramics, though not too fussed about ceramics in case I need new ones, it is bend over time, but I do prefer the yellow calipers against blue paint work, so I guess that could be my mod, paint the calipers, LOL, cannot really do anything else, plus I'd not want too.

The dealership is really refusing to budge on price, but their finance offer is now far more competitive with my own friends offer and they have agreed on new tyres, service, new rear wheel (curbed lightly). So I am now talking about service packs to see what is the best they can extract and another 1% of the finance interest rate, currently at 5.9%, so pushing for 4.9% otherwise it is easier to go with my buddy who is at 3.5%, don't mind a touch more to keep it all in one place, just chipping away at them.

But yes if they give me the deal I want I could be driving an SVR sooner than later.

Not personally my cup of tea but I like it. Have you looked at a Corvette? One of the guys I deal with in the US was saying something about a mid engined v8.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
sounds awesome
still get battered by the golf though :)

Hehe, though I doubt it, even if 0-60 is same the lack of delay makes difference and after 60 hyper drive is engaged and when you look and sound that good anyway, I'd not be fussed if it was slower, haha. :D

Caporegime
Sounds like your sold on it! - it sounds epic through my phone(!) must be awesome in the flesh, I’m looking forward to playing the video through my pc’s sound system later!

Seat of the pants feel is everything and it sounds like it delivers that in spades, decisions,decisions but, that didn’t read like a review of a car your not seriously sold on!

OcUK Staff
OP
Sounds like your sold on it! - it sounds epic through my phone(!) must be awesome in the flesh, I’m looking forward to playing the video through my pc’s sound system later!

Seat of the pants feel is everything and it sounds like it delivers that in spades, decisions,decisions but, that didn’t read like a review of a car your not seriously sold on!

I love it, just doing several things at once haha, the decision would be made in an instant, the only thing holding me off is if I decide to sell it in 2yr or 3yr what will it be worth and 40k potential value to me is scary as end of the day its a lot of money. The way I look at as 40k lost in 3yr is the cost of a Mustang, LOL.

Soldato
I love it, just doing several things at once haha, the decision would be made in an instant, the only thing holding me off is if I decide to sell it in 2yr or 3yr what will it be worth and 40k potential value to me is scary as end of the day its a lot of money. The way I look at as 40k lost in 3yr is the cost of a Mustang, LOL.

Maybe look for something that has already taken the majority of the hit.

40k in three years is a hell of a depreciating asset but I think that will be the case for anything at this end of the market. What about the Audi Lamb? I forget the name now.

Soldato
Ace. Pleased to see you rate it.

I think it’s just drag reduction, the roadster only does 194 and personally I like glass roof for a coupe- Just gives the extra light inside.

Good colour too and look at the price of that XKRS. Remember JLR have given 3yearvnotice to Ford for the V8 production.

Caporegime
Yes, I hear that and I suppose it puts the GT3 in relative perspective, yes it’s big big money ,but, even with your higher than average mileage (for that type of car) it isn’t going to shed £40k, is it?

I dunno though mate, knowing your motoring tastes solely via following the forum and seeing your steeds in OC/UK’s car park, I have to say I don’t think it’s you.

You can’t modify it (something you have a fondness of doing) and it’ll shed money like a stone off a cliff, you love it now having had a brief encounter but I wonder how long that relationship would last?

Can you afford or justify that £40k potential loss? is your dilemma....

I couldn’t justify it personally even if I could afford it, but, we swim in very different fiscal pools.

Think hard my friend.

Back
Top Bottom