• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** THE 8 PACK GTX 980 IS HERE!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
How does the 970 reference that you designed differ from the one manufactured by Manli and distributed by a number of European outlets? I mean this card:

http://www.manli.com/en/product/geforce-gtx970-nv

Looks the same to me. :confused:

OT but since you mentioned it...

They used my design and now offer it to other customers in other regions, they have permission from myself/OcUK to do this. :)

You may also find it being offered by Zotac in other regions as well.

Manli, Zotac, PNY, Inno3D all fall under the PC partner banner who I had carry out my design for these cards. Until I did this the only place you could buy a reference 970 from was on the high street and only in USA from BestBuy. If it was not for me this card potentially would not exist today, I made it happen. :)

Permabanned
Is there any particular reason why these cards (HOF, 8p HOF, Kingpin) all have the same clocks and boosts.

The fact the 8 pack version is black and has an additional year of warranty is great sadly I don't want a 980 but something faster, Hopefully you'll do one of those as I've wanted a HOF for some time but white won't look right in my build.

bru

bru

Soldato
I am a little bit surprised that they don't use an actual box shot, rather than a photoshoped one.

Unless they have and the actual boxes are labelled wrongly. :p:D:p

bru

bru

Soldato
There is another answer of course.

These are in fact the first NVidia 980 ti's baby brother GPU's, with 385 bit bus and only 3GB ram ( shouldn't that be 384 bit bus.) :p:D:p

Associate
thats a bit of a price premium it has to be said. However given that i guess it should overclock like a king if thats your thing. However I overclocked my 980 to 1366 core 1467 boost and 8012 mem straight off. However i cannot hit 1500mhz so i guess these will ? for the life of me 1500 wont happen even on +87mv :( Was going to look at unlocking the bios voltage etc but then would i really notice the difference between 1467 and 1500 in game ??? i dont think so.

Edit: Hmm just ran a benchmark and it msi the graphs show the core clock hitting 1524mhz regularly and for long periods of time ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom