• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4080 Owners Thread.

Please add me to The Roll of Honour :)

IMG-20221117-183657269.jpg

Last edited:
Please feel free to delete me off the AMD RX 6900 owners thread :cry:

SDagZU.jpg

Welcome and on TOL.:)

The Owners List.

l8ZrrPk.png
Date 06/12/2022, Make Asus TUF, dvinell, Link
Date 17/11/2022, Make Nvidia FE, Ryder_1990, Link
To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 4080

Last edited:
I thought I better make up numbers and join this very exclusive group for 4080 owners.

Still can't use it until I get my custom 12VHPWR Cable for it.

Yyp28kF.jpg

The Owners List.

l8ZrrPk.png
Date 16/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, Lustral, Link
To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 4080

Took the plunge, impressed so far, runs a lot quieter and cooler than the 3080fe it replaced

4080rtx.jpg

The Owners List.

l8ZrrPk.png
Date 19/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, TomDD, Link

Tried to defect to the red team but that lasted about 5 days with an RMA on my 7900 XTX.

4080 FE so far better than expected. Installed and runs fine which I did expect on past experience but it's cool and quiet unlike previous FE designs. So close to the 7900 XTX in the games I've tried you wouldn't notice the difference. Ray Tracing noticeably better of course. Uses 50-100W less power then the 7900 XTX when running the same games.

3c3cslH.jpg

oE4atyq.jpg

Last edited:
Tried to defect to the red team but that lasted about 5 days with an RMA on my 7900 XTX.

4080 FE so far better than expected. Installed and runs fine which I did expect on past experience but it's cool and quiet unlike previous FE designs. So close to the 7900 XTX in the games I've tried you wouldn't notice the difference. Ray Tracing noticeably better of course. Uses 50-100W less power then the 7900 XTX when running the same games.

3c3cslH.jpg

oE4atyq.jpg

The Owners List.

l8ZrrPk.png
Date 21/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, bimbleuk, Link
Date 19/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, TomDD, Link

No complaints over the GPU as is but you can always make things better. I did see temps up to low 70C and fan speeds up to 1600 RPM with the tempered side panel. The GPU is vertically mounted there's usually a compromise especially with such a deep GPU. Anyway had some perspex available so made a side panel and cut a couple of holes. The smaller ones lets the hot air exhausted down to mix with cooler ambient. That was a big problem with the reference 7900 XTX I had briefly in the case.

I'll get a friend to print two shallow air guides to slot in the larger holes just to cut down on some of the air re-circulation and tidy the holes a bit.

ZpUwx0z.jpg

DoGJiuO.jpg

Last edited:
The temps in my mini ITX is pretty amazing and it is mounted vertically like yours @bimbleuk

I'm getting a max of 63-64C when the GPU is on stock power. And when on limited 70% Power Limit it tops out a our 56C. The fan RPMS I havent seen over 1300RPM yet.

To me this is the ultimate mini ITX GPU for those seeking cool and quiet (albeit with a bit of coil whine).

Last edited:
Made another tower side panel from perspex with larger holes. Didn't make as much difference as I expected compared to the smaller holes but may pay off in summer. Currently toying with simple wire grill covers or going whole hog with 3D printed inserts in white to match the case. I'd need a friend to do the modelling and printing.

pV3hPnn.jpg

I also played with a mild undervolt using MSI Afterburner. Basically dragged the .975 mV point up to ~2775MHz (My FE seems to run at 2700 MHZ normally) then flattened the graph for higher clock speeds. I also added a +800MHz VRAM bump for good measure. Has been running without issue in Grounded for several hours.

As you can see from the pic below the GPU is now running at a ridiculous 240W down from 300W! No performance loss in benchmarks actually a small gain. These latest nVidia GPUs are so efficient.

zkU7m6E.jpg

Back
Top Bottom