• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4080 Owners Thread.

Tried to defect to the red team but that lasted about 5 days with an RMA on my 7900 XTX.

4080 FE so far better than expected. Installed and runs fine which I did expect on past experience but it's cool and quiet unlike previous FE designs. So close to the 7900 XTX in the games I've tried you wouldn't notice the difference. Ray Tracing noticeably better of course. Uses 50-100W less power then the 7900 XTX when running the same games.

3c3cslH.jpg

[SPOILER="Gre
This post relates to me so much. New build for me. Bought 7900xtx MBA was so happy with looks and size, but had to return and RMA due to thermal issues. so I ended up buying the 4080FE, everything is better in my eyes even the unboxing was a experience. Runs dead silent at 4k 144hz in almost all the games I’m playing. Even looks better in the case. Regretted not waiting for a replacement 7900xtx and spending £200 extra getting the 4080. No regret now loving the card.

Ahhhh go on then :p
Impressive GPU and why not stick a huge light ring on the end as a statement!

Pity about the basement clutter. If you haven't seen the Cablemod pre-order for possible rigid 90/180 degree 12 pin power adapters see the link below. The 2 x 8 pin PSU to 12VHPWR Corsair cable I'm using helps reduce the wires but it still sticks out the top rather obviously.

Impressive GPU and why not stick a huge light ring on the end as a statement!

Pity about the basement clutter. If you haven't seen the Cablemod pre-order for possible rigid 90/180 degree 12 pin power adapters see the link below. The 2 x 8 pin PSU to 12VHPWR Corsair cable I'm using helps reduce the wires but it still sticks out the top rather obviously.

I have one on order :D

Ahhhh go on then :P

bre7ioK.jpg

FfzjrE6.jpg

Welcome and on TOL.:)

The Owners List.

l8ZrrPk.png
Date 30/12/2022, Make Asus Strix, meh?, Link
Date 21/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, bimbleuk, Link
Date 19/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, TomDD, Link
Date 16/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, Lustral, Link
Date 06/12/2022, Make Asus TUF, dvinell, Link
Date 17/11/2022, Make Nvidia FE, Ryder_1990, Link
To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 4080

This post relates to me so much. New build for me. Bought 7900xtx MBA was so happy with looks and size, but had to return and RMA due to thermal issues. so I ended up buying the 4080FE, everything is better in my eyes even the unboxing was a experience. Runs dead silent at 4k 144hz in almost all the games I’m playing. Even looks better in the case. Regretted not waiting for a replacement 7900xtx and spending £200 extra getting the 4080. No regret now loving the card.
Same here. I was one of those affected by the t-junction/vapor chamber issue on the MBA and returned mine. Happily, a truly fickle work friend wanted to get a 7900xtx and sold me his PNY 4080 Verto for a nice discount last night (a good deal less than 7900xtx are selling for now). It's a monster footprint/cooler compared to the 7900xtx MBA, but runs great so far. Like my PNY 3090, it runs cool and virtually silent (a far cry from the jet that was the 7900xtx MBA).

It might be a few percent slower in rasterization than the 7900xtx (as you said, nothing you'd notice), but much better RT, quieter, and lower power usage.

Edit: I'd still not pay retail prices for a 4080 (or 7900 at their inflated prices). Glad I was able to scoop up a deal.

Last edited:
:D

thumbnail-IMG-4426.jpg

thumbnail-IMG-4427.jpg

thumbnail-IMG-4428.jpg

thumbnail-IMG-4429.jpg

Literally MASSIVE - can't wait to get a water block on it.

Last edited:
I'm in the exact same situation, the 7900 xtx is just stronger in raster.. It stills here, in the corridor, packed to be collected tomorrow to go back..
Got a Trinity Oc with suposed 340W tdp, or 350W? Not sure. Oc-wise this gen is pretty boring, both amd and nvidia. The 4080 is pretty much limited by the voltage, which does not help. Ordered a waterblock to be less boring but it's already pretty cool.

:D

thumbnail-IMG-4426.jpg

thumbnail-IMG-4427.jpg

thumbnail-IMG-4428.jpg

thumbnail-IMG-4429.jpg

Literally MASSIVE - can't wait to get a water block on it.

The Owners List.

l8ZrrPk.png
Date 09/01/2023, Make MSI Suprim X, Damien., Link
To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 4080

As the 7900XTX I ordered had the cooling issue I went with nVidia after few gens with AMD. Got a Zotac Trinity OC. The card is ridiculously big.

ix2CQMv.jpeg

Been playing a little with it:

AivdXYq.png

Ordered a bykski waterblock, will post again after installed. The card can get pretty toasty - not that much, but JC at around 90C - when using breaching 400W, maximum I've seen so far war 414W.

As the 7900XTX I ordered had the cooling issue I went with nVidia after few gens with AMD. Got a Zotac Trinity OC. The card is ridiculously big.

ix2CQMv.jpeg

Been playing a little with it:

AivdXYq.png

Ordered a bykski waterblock, will post again after installed. The card can get pretty toasty - not that much, but JC at around 90C - when using breaching 400W, maximum I've seen so far war 414W.

The Owners List.

l8ZrrPk.png
Date 12/01/2023, Make Zotac Trinity, Thomasck, Link
Date 09/01/2023, Make MSI Suprim X, Damien., Link

So I had to RMA my 7900XTX before Christmas which left a GPU to be filled by a 4080 FE on short notice. While playing with my Phanteks case I noticed the 2nd fan was never turning and so had to RMA that GPU too!

So here is my 2nd 4080 FE. My original entry can have a line drawn through it :)

okr7SMh.jpg

Also fitted the 3D printed inserts for my Persapex side panel.

P5bBLql.jpg

The temperature result of 1 fan vs 2 fans while playing Grounded @ 3440 x 1440 ~120 fps

zkU7m6E.jpg
BNytu80.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone had noticable coil whine with their cards, I'm looking at the 4080 now as my Sapphire 7900 XTX had massive coil whine (proved off the PSU). How does the FE edition fare in terms of acoustics and thermals for you guys?

Has anyone had noticable coil whine with their cards, I'm looking at the 4080 now as my Sapphire 7900 XTX had massive coil whine (proved off the PSU). How does the FE edition fare in terms of acoustics and thermals for you guys?
From a sample of 2 FE I could hear some if I knelt down next to my NZXT case but not when sat/stood in my normal position.

As for thermals see above struggling to get my 2nd card above 60C in the games I'm playing. Valheim was just silly this morning as it was sat at 40C. Maybe I can get Portal RTX to warm it up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom