• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4090 Owners Thread

Associate
Hi guys, i'm getting ready to build a new system to replace the one in my sig. I now use a 55" LG G1 tv to game on which can do 4k 120hz hdr vrr etc so i want a system that can handle this so im thinking i'll get a 4090. Are you all happy with your 4090 4k performance or do you wish you'd gone with something else and wait till next gen?
Iwas also thinking about watercooling but from reading on here its not needed with the 4090.

Associate
so after serious headache and debating return of Zotac Trinity OC 4090 I decided to compare results this evening on 3dmark port royal.

Im tigerstyle other two users are in top 6 with my setup. I was going to trade up for AIRO Extreme but after seeing this i can rest easy.

For the hassle of sending back buying again and paying more realistically to upgrade , correct me if wrong actual difference Id be seeing for all that hassle is 6fps / 7 fps:rolleyes:

+80 core voltage
+110 PL
+250 core clock
+1200 memory

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys, i'm getting ready to build a new system to replace the one in my sig. I now use a 55" LG G1 tv to game on which can do 4k 120hz hdr vrr etc so i want a system that can handle this so im thinking i'll get a 4090. Are you all happy with your 4090 4k performance or do you wish you'd gone with something else and wait till next gen?
Iwas also thinking about watercooling but from reading on here its not needed with the 4090.

I recently bought a 4090 and game on an Oled and I’ve been over the moon with the performance.

It depends what games you play of course but I’ve been playing borderlands 3, GTA V and forza horizon 5 at close to 120fps with everything maxed out.

The 3090 was pitched as a 4k card but as someone that likes to just max every game and get high frame rates it felt like more of a 1440p card.

The 4090 is a proper 4k card and the performance has honestly blown me away.

In terms of wishing I had bought something else, there is nothing else to even consider at this point.

I don’t care about brands, I go for what I feel is the best, and AMD are still not there yet in terms of overall performance.

Last edited:
Associate
I recently bought a 4090 and game on an Oled and I’ve been over the moon with the performance.

It depends what games you play of course but I’ve been playing borderlands 3, GTA V and forza horizon 5 at close to 120fps with everything maxed out.

The 3090 was pitched as a 4k card but as someone that likes to just max every game and get high frame rates it felt like more of a 1440p card.

The 4090 is a proper 4k card and the performance has honestly blown me away.

In terms of wishing I had bought something else, there is nothing else to even consider at this point.

I don’t care about brands, I go for what I feel is the best, and AMD are still not there yet in terms of overall performance.
Agree with this currently playing dead space remake and new world + some diablo III , MW2 & revisiting cyberpunk. The card is a monster :)

Associate
ok so the 4090 FE that I had was dead, jut had that verified at reailer, how unlucky!! I am now either looking at, Gigabyte OC or Palit Gamerock, or if anyone can recommend the quietest 4090 if it's any other brand that I have missed.

Caporegime
ok so the 4090 FE that I had was dead, jut had that verified at reailer, how unlucky!! I am now either looking at, Gigabyte OC or Palit Gamerock, or if anyone can recommend the quietest 4090 if it's any other brand that I have missed.
For looks the Palit and for thermal efficiency the Gaming OC (plus it has 4yrs warranty instead of 2 if u register is with Gigabutt).

I have the 4090 GamingOC and it's excellent.

Last edited:
Associate
So I finally broke down and bought one. Got the Zotac Amp Extreme which barely fits my Phanteks Evolv X length ways but I can't close the side without it bending the power cable too much. I'll be ordering a cablemod 90 degree adapter once they are release.

It's quite the upgrade from the 2080ti :D 173% performance uplift according to 3dmark

e8MFtQy

Last edited:
Associate
So I finally broke down and bought one. Got the Zotac Amp Extreme which barely fits my Phanteks Evolv X length ways but I can't close the side without it bending the power cable too much. I'll be ordering a cablemod 90 degree adapter once they are release.

It's quite the upgrade from the 2080ti :D 173% performance uplift according to 3dmark

e8MFtQy
Pairs well with the 5900X then?

Associate
yep seems happy. In taxing games the 4090 is at 98% utilisation so doesn't seem like the 5900x is holding it back at all even though I'm not running 4k (3440x1440 ultrawide)

Last edited:
Soldato

You will be blown away by the 4090. I came from a 3080 and it still blew me away. Get ready to sit there grinning like an idiot.

Soldato
yep seems happy. In taxing games the 4090 is at 98% utilisation so doesn't seem like the 5900x is holding it back at all even though I'm not running 4k (3440x1440 ultrawide)

Depends on the game really but even at 4K running a 13900K I've seen GPU usage hover around the 80% mark in Spiderman Remastered, If I use DLAA though it goes higher.

You will be blown away by the 4090. I came from a 3080 and it still blew me away. Get ready to sit there grinning like an idiot.

Can confirm, Still grinning a lot and I've had it around 2 months, Pure joy to use :)

Hi all, just got a 4090 out of interest what is people's GDDR6X t junction temps when gaming, stress testing, etc.

In a case with 7 intake fans and 3 exhaust for nice negative pressure all set to 1200RPM and GPU fans set to a 1:1 ratio, No OC, Palit GameRock 4090 OC.

Cyberpunk at 4K highest settings, DLSS Quality, Frame generation - Memory temp - 66'c

Spiderman Remastered at 4K highest settings, DLSS Quality, Frame generation - Memory temp - 62'c

Dying Light 2 at 4K highest settings, DLSS Quality, Frame generation - Memory temp - 64'c

Hogwarts Legacy at 4K highest settings, DLSS Quality, Frame generation - Memory temp - 64'c

This is with a window open and a slight cool breeze coming, Room is around 18'c ambient.

So 62'c-66'c seems to be the range with the current weather temp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom