The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Associate
I part exchanged my TX200 around 4 months ago for this Daystate MK3:

Sorry about pic quality but cant find my camera so had to use my phone.

It felt strange shooting it to start with after being using the TX200 for so long as I kept expecting their to be recoil, but there was nothing. The only feedback it gives is a bit of noise and the pellet punching a whole exactly where you aim. I manages to shoot 5 plastic tea stirrers in a row at 45m (indoors) which I would never have managed with the TX200.

I need to strip the stock at some point and oil is as it currently has a gloss varnish finish which I dont really like as much and doesn't show off the grain of the wood either, or I might try and get a MK4 thumbhole stock second hand as I think they look much nicer and fit the MK3s with a tiny bit of modification.

Soldato
I managed to pick up my first air rifle at the weekend. I was with a mate who was looking for something quirky to add to his ever growing collection when we took a chance on a small shop in Ibstock just of J22 of the M1. They had a 3 Month old AirArms TX200 which was had been part exchanged for a PCP gun. I picked up the gun a 4x12-50 scope, bag and 500 pellets for £350. The gun is as new and I love it. We went straight back to my mates back garden range and fired a few shots. I was grouping a 1p piece size area at 20 yards handheld. Can't wait to get to the longer range tomorrow evening.

I'll get some pics uploaded when I have a few minutes.

Soldato
Ibstock? What was the shop called?
That's not far from my mum's place... for future reference for any kit and supplies, you understand. £350 all in seems like a good deal, Orange Peel (hah! that rhymes :p )

Ta.

Soldato
well that was an interesting night, i was on one of my permissions lambing for some rabbits red filter on my tactical light which has a range on it of 100m, got to just after 11 last night and a bloody police helicopter put there search light on me lol i could here the thing coming up to the land and hover it was still pretty hi up and saw some police blues on the road about a mile away roughly were i parked my car, walked back to my car and the bloody police are there waiting,

turns out some one reported me and called the police who like the fuzz they are having nothing better to do in north yorkshire duly responded, though i have to say they were pretty good about it they let me pack my rifle away and i called the land owner to come down to confirm my permission and after a couple of signatures they left lol just came back from the land to clean up the wabbits this morning

Soldato
turns out some one reported me and called the police who like the fuzz they are having nothing better to do in north yorkshire duly responded

You feel the police over-reacted when given a report of a person with a rifle roaming around the countryside in the dark given the recent Raul Moat and Derrick Bird events? :confused:

The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't in this country

Soldato
You feel the police over-reacted when given a report of a person with a rifle roaming around the countryside in the dark given the recent Raul Moat and Derrick Bird events? :confused:

The police are damned if they do and damned if they don't in this country

Oh noes guy spottted in middle of farmland with rifle, the massacre he could commit wont somebody think of the bunnies. But seriously how unusual is it to see someone on farmland with a firearm? not at all.

Man of Honour
This is quickly getting expensive. Over the last 3 weeks I've bought

Stoeger x20
BSA 3-9x40 Scope
Hawks Laser Sight

and I already want to get rid of the Stoeger and buy an S410 after using a friends Saturday.

Soldato
This is quickly getting expensive. Over the last 3 weeks I've bought

Stoeger x20
BSA 3-9x40 Scope
Hawks Laser Sight

and I already want to get rid of the Stoeger and buy an S410 after using a friends Saturday.

One of the reasons I didn't buy and X21 was because my friends WH77 was so much better. Bought an Air Arms TX200 which I prefer to the WH77 and the WH97 I tried.

Soldato
It'll be getting a new trigger and a debur and internal polish which apparently transforms the way they shoot.

It chrono'd at 11.02ft/lbs yesterday as well.

The trigger was a main factor. Very stiff and clunky but if you can sort that it's a decent budget rifle.

I can't recommend the TX200 enough though. The trigger and accuracy over 50 yards are amazing.

Man of Honour
The trigger was a main factor. Very stiff and clunky but if you can sort that it's a decent budget rifle.

I can't recommend the TX200 enough though. The trigger and accuracy over 50 yards are amazing.

welshwilly from the uk Chinese air gun forum linked above supplies them for £20 roughly which is supposed to be as good as the big boys.

I'm grouping fairly tightly over 50 yards and have hit on target at 150 yards so it's accuracy doesn't seem to be a problem.

Soldato
welshwilly from the uk Chinese air gun forum linked above supplies them for £20 roughly which is supposed to be as good as the big boys.

I'm grouping fairly tightly over 50 yards and have hit on target at 150 yards so it's accuracy doesn't seem to be a problem.

Do you mean feet? Because there is now way some cheapo chinese tat will group properly at 50 yards and you wont be hitting stuff at 150 yards . Most of the decent guns in this thread wont do it so a spring based single stage plinker sure as hell wont .

Soldato
Oh noes guy spottted in middle of farmland with rifle, the massacre he could commit wont somebody think of the bunnies. But seriously how unusual is it to see someone on farmland with a firearm? not at all.

Did I say it was unusual? er... No, I can't see where I said anything remotely like that. What I said was anyone thinking that the police over reacted are being a bit naive when, most likely, all they had was an initial report from some fool of a civilian saying there is someone running around with a big rifle....

Feel free to mis-read this post as well and reply with nonsense...

Soldato
Did I say it was unusual? er... No, I can't see where I said anything remotely like that. What I said was anyone thinking that the police over reacted are being a bit naive when, most likely, all they had was an initial report from some fool of a civilian saying there is someone running around with a big rifle....

Feel free to mis-read this post as well and reply with nonsense...

I had the same issue but worse . Police chopper 2 x arv's and a traffic car . All ready to rock and roll guns drawn pistols unlipped and chopper giving me directions (walk 100 yards lay gun down...lay on the ground with arms infront etc ) lasted nearly 2 hours and all i was doing was zeroing the 243 :(

This is the trouble with letting townies in the countryside :(

Persil

Back
Top Bottom