*** The all new Apple iPad thread - Keep all iPad stuff in here ***

Associate
Hey guys,

Quick one for you...got an iPad 2 on it's way to me. I want a sleeve for it, got a smart cover as well (pretty essential) but I want a soft sleeve to slide it in for when it goes in my man bag when I travel to/from work. Don't want the back of it knocking against the keys etc :)

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jake

I've got one of these:

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0831.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

It's a Be-ez LA Robe Allure sleeve. Memory foam outer with a soft fleece inner, also inner protection from the zipper. Fits nicely with and without the Smart Cover. Very pleased for £21.99 :)

Associate
Well I've finally gone and joined the iPad club, after toying with the idea for ages, and I wish I'd done it earlier.

In the process of hunting though the app store and getting iPad versions of some apps i use on the phone as well as the usual iPad specific stuff. Love the Times app as well as the T3 mag app.

I can see my app store bill being quite high this month. :D

Associate
Apologies for the potentially retarded question but how do I quickly send files from my laptop to my ipad?

Using dropbox seems retardedly long-winded. I know I can't just drag and drop but is there an app or something that can help me share over my home network or usb or something?

Soldato
Can anyone recommend me a few accessories for an original iPad?

I'm after a sleeve for use whilst out and about, a stand for use in the kitchen and advice on the best place to buy AppleCare for it.

So far my thoughts are the Belkin Pleat Sleeve, Padprop*and eBay. Any advance on those?

*I appreciate this is limiting the iPad to one particular orientation, but I think that's how the overwhelming majority of kitchen-related apps seem to work. More flexible recommendations welcomed though.

Back
Top Bottom