*** The all new Apple iPad thread - Keep all iPad stuff in here ***

Associate
Hi guys, just managed to bag an Ipad 64gb 3G :D

I plan to use it mostly for video and music, just wondering what all you peeps use for converting movies to ipad etc.

I've got a shed load of MKV files that are HD

I don't know about ipad 1 but on my ipad 2 I use Oplayer HD which allows you to add movies through itunes and it plays avi, mkv and all different kind of codecs.

Give it a go

Soldato
Need an App like XBMC but from App Store. That will play videos from independent Synology NAS. Anyone?

Waiting for 4.3.5 Jailbreak. :(

AirPlayer streams my movies/music from my NAS (Dlink Share Center) or any DNLA server, it also plays DivX and tons of other formats on the fly too. Great features and nice and quick too (although I am on Wireless 5Ghz wifi, not sure what it will be like on Wireless G

There isnt going to be a JB for 4.3.5 unfortunately, you'll have to wait until iOS 5 is out (less than a month now hopefully)

Associate
Hi,

I am after a case for my white ipad2, I dont know which to get so I am looking for some help choosing. Which cases have you guys got? and where did you buy them from?

Thanks

Soldato
Has anyone sent a iPad back to apple because of screen bleed? I have had my ipad2 since April it had a little bit of back light bleed, but I am sure it's getting worse, I am going to ring them 2mor but just wondered if anyone has had any experience with apples return policy.

Also does anyone's smart cover leave like dusty lines down there screen? I am also sure my cover has put a finger nail shaped scratch on my screen , I am really careful with my iPad and this scratch has appeared from nowhere

Caporegime
Hey guys,

Quick one for you...got an iPad 2 on it's way to me. I want a sleeve for it, got a smart cover as well (pretty essential) but I want a soft sleeve to slide it in for when it goes in my man bag when I travel to/from work. Don't want the back of it knocking against the keys etc :)

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jake

Soldato
Hey guys,

Quick one for you...got an iPad 2 on it's way to me. I want a sleeve for it, got a smart cover as well (pretty essential) but I want a soft sleeve to slide it in for when it goes in my man bag when I travel to/from work. Don't want the back of it knocking against the keys etc :)

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Jake

I keep meaning to pick up a nice sleeve (needed for the same reasons) but for the last few months I've been using a £1 (yes one whole pound) neoprene wallet from pound store and I honestly can't complain about it. Snug fit and protects it well.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
I have seen a Belkin Pleat case on someone's around the office and that looked OK. I've just bought an iPad 2 and will probably pick up one of those for it, about a tenner if you look on some big websites...

Caporegime
I have seen a Belkin Pleat case on someone's around the office and that looked OK. I've just bought an iPad 2 and will probably pick up one of those for it, about a tenner if you look on some big websites...

Cheers dude! :)

Am still undecided but I'll be ordering this week...iPad is turning up today :D

Associate
Can anyone recommend me a good pay as you go data sim card to use with my iPad?I won't need more than 500mb/month because I can connect to wi-fi at home and college, can i find anything under 10pound?O2 has an offer for 10,21 but its the fact that i'd have to top up 15 pound that bothers me :/

Back
Top Bottom