*** The all new Apple iPad thread - Keep all iPad stuff in here ***

Soldato
Well I've just been in the purple shirt store and had a browse/play with the Ipad 2 and the Tab 10.1 and in my opinion the Ipad 2 is leagues ahead.

Browsing was a far better experience on the Ipad 2 than the Tab 10.1 - I was actually quite surprised at the difference.

Now apple just need to release a quad core retina display tablet and I'll be all over it!

Soldato
Well I've just been in the purple shirt store and had a browse/play with the Ipad 2 and the Tab 10.1 and in my opinion the Ipad 2 is leagues ahead.

Browsing was a far better experience on the Ipad 2 than the Tab 10.1 - I was actually quite surprised at the difference.

Now apple just need to release a quad core retina display tablet and I'll be all over it!

I give you 15 mins before the AA (Anti-Apple ;) ) brigade are all over your post like a bad rash.

Soldato
Hi Guys my dad has just got an iPad and he is looking for an app that can replace his diary. He is a builder and so he uses his diary to write down what work he is doing on what day and at what time etc....

Is there any apps that are like that?

Man of Honour
I can't find a decent calendar. As I want boxes to be Coloured different ways.
However the best calendar I've used so far is information hd so maybe worth a look.

Soldato
I have both as well, use the iPad2 and 13"MBP. They are both excellent and I do not regret buying it, if you get one you will use it all the time, it just sort of...happens!

Soldato
Thanks for the suggestions regarding the calendar. He has now just got used to the original app.

Another question, he is looking for a app so he can read word documents. He is looking at Pages but is there any alternatives?

Man of Honour
Just found a solution (one I might use given that I've already got a well-used Google account) that suggests uploading the files to Google Docs and then syncing them from there using GoodReader, which will let you read them at your leisure on the iPad. Total cost: £2.99 for GoodReader.

Soldato
I use gmails Calendar function with the calendars app on my iphone that reads it, works really well for me, I would assume the same thing works on the ipad.
Appointments sync between my desktop and phone, reminders and wotnot too.

Soldato
Just found a solution (one I might use given that I've already got a well-used Google account) that suggests uploading the files to Google Docs and then syncing them from there using GoodReader, which will let you read them at your leisure on the iPad. Total cost: £2.99 for GoodReader.

I use gmails Calendar function with the calendars app on my iphone that reads it, works really well for me, I would assume the same thing works on the ipad.
Appointments sync between my desktop and phone, reminders and wotnot too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom