*** The all new Apple iPad thread - Keep all iPad stuff in here ***

Associate
Is Spotify that good to subscribe to? 9.99 a month or something for free music?

Also whats this Guardian Eyewitness app about?

IMO it's amazing. Once OS 4 is out it will be even better due to multitasking. I use it daily on my touch so can justify 9.99 a month. Really excited about having it on the ipad. Think it's in development right now. I just hope they don't do something stupid like try and charge more for the iPad version. Very unlikely.

The guardian app is free so check it out. Amazingly good quality pics that really show off the iPad screen. I was on it for an hour earlier just marvelling at them.

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Se7ven; said:
does anyone know if in handbrake you can add more than 1 file at a time to the queue?

its quite annoying having to go back and forth, i wanted to put several seasons of tv eps on it, you can imagine how annoying it is having to locate the file, save, rename, add to queue for each one.

Yeah! I know what you mean. Also, what settings are you using for output? I did some DVDs and just left it as the stander settings, which ends up with a 1-2Gb file!

Soldato
Realy enjoying mine, just trying to run the battery down/in still :)

I have a nice leather folding case that came with it from the guy I bought it from, but not a "stand case" like the one on the apple store, but not sure whether to buckle and buy a more stabising case, or stick with this rather nice but not as conventient one at no cost.

is is possible to plonk and iphone/ipod on the Ipad dock to charge/sync?

Whenever I try and move incons in landscape mode, it also seems to act as though the iPad is still in portrain mode, even after a restart, is this normal?

Last edited:
Associate
Also, what settings are you using for output? I did some DVDs and just left it as the stander settings, which ends up with a 1-2Gb file!
Having the same issue - feels like the standard settings come out a bit larger than strictly necessary.

I was using the Normal preset earlier as standard, but I'm currently trying the High Profile preset, with the AC3 passthrough audio disabled (leaving just one audio track). Seems so far like that should keep the size down sufficiently, but it's running overnight.

Other alternative is to indicate a target size...

Caporegime
Has anyone bought the 1 day £2/500mb a day tariff for O2?

I got it last night and its been over 24 hrs yet I am still online, i have no email for a second debit of payment, and yet i have another 22hrs left on my account, but the date of the period is 30th to 31st, if it was recurring then it should be 31st to 1st.....

Is the 02 plan recurring or payg?

Back
Top Bottom