The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Soldato
Nothing special :)

71834659tv2.png

never understood why people have shortcuts for the same programs on the desktop AND on the quick launch bar at the same time. Is one not enough for you? lol

Soldato
never understood why people have shortcuts for the same programs on the desktop AND on the quick launch bar at the same time. Is one not enough for you? lol

When you are browsing the net and got a few apps open, can you see the desktop icons ;)

I know you can press the windows key and D and a few other ways but I prefer using the quick launch bar, hence 'Quick Launch' thats whats its there for!

Last edited:
Soldato
When you are browsing the net and got a few apps open, can you see the desktop icons ;)

I know you can press the windows key and D and a few other ways but I prefer using the quick launch bar, hence 'Quick Launch' thats whats its there for!

hahah ok fair enough :) never thought of it like that before

Associate
mine at the moment, i like mine simple, so no annoying toolbar thing on the right and no fancy start bar :)

1193009742.jpg

just got to remove those arrows from the shortcuts though

Here's how you can remove those shortcut arrows from your desktop icons

1. Start regedit.
2. Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile
3. Delete the IsShortcut registry value.

You may need to restart Windows

Also works in windows XP

*That is a lowercase "L" in lnkfile btw :)

Last edited:
Soldato
i knew there was a few guides on here saying how you can do it, im just lazy which is why i havent done it yet :p but seeing as you've now put it infront of me i suppose id might as well get it done :D

EDIT: and that took all of 2 seconds, dont know why i didnt do it before lol

Associate
XP, standard XP skin (silver) at the time just with the taskbar minimised and a few Yahoo Widgets running.

This is my current one :)

I'm guessing the widget top-right is a media player thing? If so, I really like it, any chance of pointing me in the right direction as to where to get it?

Back
Top Bottom