Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Had my first shake today got some impact whey from myprotein was lovely dont see why people say they dont taste to good!

What flavour if any? I got the unflavoured stuff from them and I'm perfectly happy to mix it with water. Tastes fine to me, even a little creamy / milky. I should imagine the chocolate version is utterly divine!

I prefer unflavoured though as you can then mix it with fruit etc without it tasting weird.

Soldato
What flavour if any? I got the unflavoured stuff from them and I'm perfectly happy to mix it with water. Tastes fine to me, even a little creamy / milky. I should imagine the chocolate version is utterly divine!

I prefer unflavoured though as you can then mix it with fruit etc without it tasting weird.

Choc smooth with milk going to try one later with water and ill probably drink it with that, hopefully this stuff will make a different to me and retain this muscle if not build while im trying to shed some weight.

kai

kai

Soldato
Im currently using rasberry flavour Impact Whey protein from myprotein. Not seeing any gains. Just purchased PHD Synergy to try with CLA 1000 and Thermobol.

Soldato
Plenty of people gaining on it, I dont really understand the how whey war that goes on perhaps different people react to different companies whey when in essence its all the same thing.

Soldato
Just back from shopping and anyone want to post up some nutritional comments on;
Apples
Peanut butter
Cottage cheese
Quark- I remember reading this a good slow release protein, but its 13g/100 on the tub I bought (It was well hidden too :o)

Soldato
Never heard of people recommending apples but i could be wrong, peanut and quark are slow releasing and pretty sure cottage cheese as a very high amount of protein in too.

dun

dun

Soldato
Apples- Nice but not really anything to write home about nutrition wise
Peanut butter- Good but I haven't tried it since I was little
Cottage cheese- Depends on the brand. I bought some asda home brand and it was absolutely disgusting
Quark- No idea

I used to have mypro unflavoured whey with orange juice and at the time it wasn't that bad. But now have bulksupplementsdirect chocolate flavour with whole milk and its unbelievably better tasting.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Im currently using rasberry flavour Impact Whey protein from myprotein. Not seeing any gains. Just purchased PHD Synergy to try with CLA 1000 and Thermobol.

Were you expecting gains because you were taking whey? What's your diet like?

I use ON 100% Whey. It has a good blend of proteins.

kai

kai

Soldato
Were you expecting gains because you were taking whey? What's your diet like?

I use ON 100% Whey. It has a good blend of proteins.

My diet, is good, don't eat any rubbish lean meats and a high protein diet.

Im looking for Gain, hence why i purchased PHD Synergy

Man of Honour
OP
True, but it stops those horrible hungry stomachs after a workout.

Also good for getting some protein to your starved body.

You do realise I know all about protein shakes right?

Whilst protein & carbs are good after a workout it's only part of the story, a hearty meal outshines all shakes. Not saying I don't use shakes, I just spend a fortune on food a week and it offers me a helping hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom