The all new Xbox Live Gamertag Site including leaderboard, gamertag db, stats & more!

Soldato
OP
Hey guys, just a heads up to say there might not be an update again tonight, I am rebuilding the PC the updater is hosted on and it's taking longer than expected.

In other news I have finished work on the new update software to track a lot more info, so all I have to do now is build the website to go with it. :cool:

Soldato
Hey guys, just a heads up to say there might not be an update again tonight, I am rebuilding the PC the updater is hosted on and it's taking longer than expected.

In other news I have finished work on the new update software to track a lot more info, so all I have to do now is build the website to go with it. :cool:

Woo-hoo! Just out of interest is anyone else finding the site loads a bit slower these days? Is this due to the amount of users?

Soldato
OP
gamertag : McLuvin UK
Added, though you possibly won't appear tonight unless I get my PC back up.

Woo-hoo! Just out of interest is anyone else finding the site loads a bit slower these days? Is this due to the amount of users?
Yeah it's the number of users. For each page there are dozens of complex SQL queries going on, and as the number of users increases it becomes more complicated. Therefore on the new site I'm putting together the data is 'pre-built' on my PC in the correct form and then uploaded to the website, so that the queries are a lot simpler. This should mean it runs a lot faster.

Soldato
Yeah it's the number of users. For each page there are dozens of complex SQL queries going on, and as the number of users increases it becomes more complicated. Therefore on the new site I'm putting together the data is 'pre-built' on my PC in the correct form and then uploaded to the website, so that the queries are a lot simpler. This should mean it runs a lot faster.

Thanks, as you say the inital list normally loads superfast its just clicking on peoples names that takes the time. The new way sounds much better :)

Soldato
Thankyou for adding me. Cant check at work as the site is blocked as it classed as "gaming" yet i can get on OCuk lol, oh well.

Could any1 tell me where i am on the leaderboards please and post here. Wanna know now lol :p

Soldato
Sorry :p

TBH i havent been on the gs vibe for some time, like nearly a year. Its a waste of time some time, but i am back on it until i get bored.

Expect to be lower :p

Fancy a race, who ever can increase the GS by 10,000 the quickest lol

Soldato
OP
BenaglBoyX
Added! You'll both appear tonight when the update is run.

Fancy a race, who ever can increase the GS by 10,000 the quickest lol
Functionality to track challenges like this is planned on the new website ;)

In hoping to get the website put together next week. I have a Microsoft Exam to take before then so I haven't been able to devote any time to the site.

Back
Top Bottom