• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Good luck with nvidia support.
https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/2one2z/discussion_has_nvidia_forsaken_kepler_cards_has/
No driver support for past generation of nvidia cards.

We'll see what happens. The situation now though is that I can play the current games I want to at full settings with very smooth framerates.

And that's all I'm bothered about. If I'd have been able to do that with the 290, I'd have stuck with it. It's not like an i5 4690k at 4.6ghz was bottlenecking it.

I have nothing against AMD, but I look in here to see if the long-awaited driver release solves people's issues. Because another reason I ditched them is because when they made something work, something else usually went wrong as a result.

That's just my experience of late, I can't say anything other than that. As pointed out above, I have no allegiance to either team. I just buy what performs best for me.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
As much as I would love new drivers to maybe get me that little bit more performance, I have to say I am really happy with Witcher 3 performance on these drivers so far. Got it working nicely at 30fps at 4k now.

I turned off Nvidia HairTurd, lowered foliage and shadows to high, set ambient occlusion to SSAO and turned off AA. Rest on Ultra and it looks and plays well.

Soldato
Is anyone else thinking that they've pulled back all the workers to ensure the 3xx series with the new HBM memory launches without a hiccup? People remember launch day issues (just like they'll remember the first half of 2015 as being the driest for AMD drivers even though we've had a few released/leaked, and remember the 290 series as hot even though it was only the reference coolers that were designed to run at 94C) and it would be very embarrassing for people to associate HBM memory with incompatibilities.

Hoping I'm wrong and a new driver with shiny Crossfire profiles for W3 and Elite gets posted soon (I don't own either game, but I understand how frustrating it is for people who do), or the 300 series launches soon and we can get back to business as usual for the driver team.

Anyway,don't take this as a complaint as the current drivers issues largely don't affect me as I'm still loving the performance of my little Crossfire setup on the games I run (currently GTA V mainly), but like I said, I do feel for those few with issues.

Associate
I still after several weeks now can't believe they've not got a project cars fix out?...I refuse to play it right now as its like my tri-x is trying to perform while encased in a bag of cement!

Associate
I'm not sure I can mention the name of another forum here, regardless... I got a win10 AMD? driver that was made backwards compatible for windows vista and upwards (64bit? installed win7) and the performance increase is incredible ... 1440p project cars, and GTA V are running MUCH smoother/higher FPS with crossfire 290x ... DIRT RALLY 1440p everything ultra was minimum 122 FPS average 148, and max around 170 !!!

??? ... why do these MEGA drivers exist and not currently readily avaiable??!?

I cant get my head around the increases in performance, perhaps they have optimisations for these certain titles not made available on win7 ?!?! no idea whats going on....

Associate
cant re-call where I got them, I think it was something like grugruu3bee ? ....

I did as the instructions said, the device manager device installer stopped responding, did a restart and everything seems to be completely functional, working ok! ...

AMD CCC is there and everything!

forgive these ****** posts, I've been awake far too long. :)

Back
Top Bottom