• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Well they haven't even fixed PCards and that's been out for over a month. Expect the same with Witcher 3 imho.

Some are saying the Modded Windows 10 drivers give better framerates..I might try them .

Associate
Oh yeah, I forgot about Pcars. That's still sat idle on my desktop. Still more annoyed with GTA and Hard line tearing though tbh. I mean even Matt said he replicated the problem but no updates, no nothing.

I bet Nvidia isn't all roses but surely it can't be this bad? Maybe the premium price is actually worth it.

Soldato
Well they haven't even fixed PCards and that's been out for over a month. Expect the same with Witcher 3 imho.

Some are saying the Modded Windows 10 drivers give better framerates..I might try them .

Still stutter on gtav xfire 290x's.

Just tried changing pretty much every setting in ccc on them and still stutter.

Caporegime
OP
Still stutter on gtav xfire 290x's.

Just tried changing pretty much every setting in ccc on them and still stutter.

I've tested GTA V on the following and found all to be extremely smooth with zero microstutter.

R7 260X
R9 285
R9 295x2
R9 295x2 QuadFire
R9 290X 8GB QuadFire

What settings are you using passey?

Associate
No further update I'm afraid. Rockstar and AMD are continuing to investigate the issue, it will be fixed either by a future game patch or AMD Catalyst Driver.

So there is no point in RMAing the card? Ran it on MSI kombustor for 5 hours with no artifacts or tearing.

Basically can you confirm it's definitely a software fault?

Soldato
I've tested GTA V on the following and found all to be extremely smooth with zero microstutter.

R7 260X
R9 285
R9 295x2
R9 295x2 QuadFire
R9 290X 8GB QuadFire

What settings are you using passey?

Lolive tried pretty much everything.

All settings on high / medium no aa. Vsync off getting 140fps at 4k.

In ccc tried with all the different crossfire settings
Triple buffering on and off
Frame rate on and off
Vsync on and off
Ulps off

Even tried dropping res to 1440p still does it.

Gpu usage will drop to 0% on a card eveynow and then and it stutters.
Happens to card 1 and 2.
Temps are 60c. Vrms 60c.

Disablecrossfire for gtav and theres no stutter at all.

Caporegime
OP
Lolive tried pretty much everything.

All settings on high / medium no aa. Vsync off getting 140fps at 4k.

In ccc tried with all the different crossfire settings
Triple buffering on and off
Frame rate on and off
Vsync on and off
Ulps off

Even tried dropping res to 1440p still does it.

Gpu usage will drop to 0% on a card eveynow and then and it stutters.
Happens to card 1 and 2.
Temps are 60c. Vrms 60c.

Disablecrossfire for gtav and theres no stutter at all.

Which 290X 8GB cards are you using?

Can you take a look at this thread and setup gpu overlays? It would be useful if you can take some screenshots when performance drops and stutter occurs so we can see what's happening.

Caporegime
OP
Ocuk sapphire 8gb reference ones.

Also tried disabling pagefile and ncreing it to 15gb

I have the exact same cards. I've tried Crossfire and Quad and it's perfectly smooth on my system. If you can try what i suggested above that would help, thanks. :)

I'd recommend leaving the pagefile on Auto, no need to mess with that.

Which OS are you using?

Associate
Wait for an update. :)

You say that mate but the games been out for 2 months and AMD arent exactly highly regarded when it comes to updates. I'm sorry to say that mate but honestly I'm getting pretty annoyed now.

I buy a graphics card to be able to play games, your poor support in fixing these issues is stopping me from doing so. You say wait for a rock star patch? It happens in hard line too, that's DICE so its clearly an issue your end. Two different companies one common denominator (CCC / ATI).

Where do we draw the line?

I genuinely can't play the game, you've seen the video I posted and the other pictures the other user posted. How are we supposed to play when most of the screen is consumed by tearing. I mean you've even replicated the fault yourself.

I'm not unreasonable, just feel like a cheated consumer. Probably much like the majority of this thread.

Soldato
I have the exact same cards. I've tried Crossfire and Quad and it's perfectly smooth on my system. If you can try what i suggested above that would help, thanks. :)

I'd recommend leaving the pagefile on Auto, no need to mess with that.

Which OS are you using?

Windows 8.1.

Tried 15.4 , 15.5 & 15.20 win 10 drivers.

just gone through all the setting will try again now and get a few screenshots and try and fraps a bit.

Soldato
You say that mate but the games been out for 2 months and AMD arent exactly highly regarded when it comes to updates. I'm sorry to say that mate but honestly I'm getting pretty annoyed now.

I buy a graphics card to be able to play games, your poor support in fixing these issues is stopping me from doing so. You say wait for a rock star patch? It happens in hard line too, that's DICE so its clearly an issue your end. Two different companies one common denominator (CCC / ATI).

Where do we draw the line?

I genuinely can't play the game, you've seen the video I posted and the other pictures the other user posted. How are we supposed to play when most of the screen is consumed by tearing. I mean you've even replicated the fault yourself.

I'm not unreasonable, just feel like a cheated consumer. Probably much like the majority of this thread.

"Wait for an update" ;) :D :rolleyes:

Pretty poor response to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom