• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

I don't know, we've only just released our latest set. As for when the next game patch is due, you'd need to check in with CD Projekt Red. If the issue gets fixed in a game patch, I'll make sure to let everyone know about it here.

Yeah I figured it was too early to tell. Besides elite, most of my boxes have been ticked now (one the witcher gets tweaked for the flicker, whether that comes from cdpr or amd).

problem found.....

It couldnt find my "my pictures" folder, so refused to install lol....

I relocated docs / pics onto storage drive and forwarded the locations, seems Catalyst is not a fan

Now my now fairly humble CPU / GPU setups by todays standards is running witcher on high at 1080p at 60fps Vsync cap solidly (20-25fps increase over 1 card)

GOOD WORK AMD!

PCars downloading now :D

Yeah I figured it was too early to tell. Besides elite, most of my boxes have been ticked now (one the witcher gets tweaked for the flicker, whether that comes from cdpr or amd).

problem found.....

It couldnt find my "my pictures" folder, so refused to install lol....

I relocated docs / pics onto storage drive and forwarded the locations, seems Catalyst is not a fan

Now my now fairly humble CPU / GPU setups by todays standards is running witcher on high at 1080p at 60fps Vsync cap solidly (20-25fps increase over 1 card)

GOOD WORK AMD!

PCars downloading now :D

Great! :cool:

Originally Posted by Superpatsy View Post
Got a new 1440p monitor today and have just been met with a display port link failure? Is this a driver thing? Remember seeing it somewhere but can't remember where.

I think it's a pretty common thing with them currently.

Have raised it a few times myself.

Gets annoying after a while.

This happened to me tried everything to get rid of it but no, funny enough though if i turned the monitor of then back on then it was fine.

So i bought a new display port cable and all was fine its a bit of a joke you pay £500 on a new montior and the cable is crap, i have seen loads of people with this same problem.

These have destroyed GTA V for me, constant stutter with vsync on or off, with card utilisation at 50/30 at some points.

It's just mad dumb, even reformatted to do a full "control" test.

Ok so ive finally got the drivers installed correctly and on witcher 3 with crossfire, theres flicker, theres stutter, theres weird input lag and the fps is about the same as with crossfire disabled. GJ guys.

Edit: Single gpu fps is now lower than it was on the older drivers.

Last edited:
Ok so ive finally got the drivers installed correctly and on witcher 3 with crossfire, theres flicker, theres stutter, theres weird input lag and the fps is the same as with crossfire disabled. GJ guys.

You need to disable TemporalAA as per the guide we've written here, otherwise you get negative CrossFire scaling and flickering. Also the game defaults to Windowed Borderless Mode, so ensure you set full screen mode as well. Once you do the following, CrossFire works to around 80-90% scaling, depending on the resolution and hardware used.

You need to disable TemporalAA as per the guide we've written here, otherwise you get negative CrossFire scaling and flickering. Also the game defaults to Windowed Borderless Mode, so ensure you set full screen mode as well. Once you do the following, CrossFire works to around 80-90% scaling, depending on the resolution and hardware used.

It is disabled and its forced fullscreen.

Witcher 3 works great now but I do get stuttering when entering towns and areas with NPC's. This appears to be when things are loading into memory. Once in the area for a while the stuttering dissappears. Not sure if this is a driver or game issue.

With AA disabled the game runs at 60fps with Hairworks ON with momentary drops to 58fps in town areas (loading data issue).
Enabling AA makes the loading data stutter most pronnounced.
Also the game panning is not as smooth as I would like. Similar to Farcry4. Could this be made smoother with driver updates perhaps?

Edit: With TemporalAA disabled there is no flicker.

Last edited:
Ok so ive finally got the drivers installed correctly and on witcher 3 with crossfire, theres flicker, theres stutter, theres weird input lag and the fps is about the same as with crossfire disabled. GJ guys.

Edit: Single gpu fps is now lower than it was on the older drivers.

Same for me mate, TemporalAA disabled in .ini file, AA disabled in game, game set to full screen but still get poor performance and flickering with Crossfire enabled.

These have destroyed GTA V for me, constant stutter with vsync on or off, with card utilisation at 50/30 at some points.

It's just mad dumb, even reformatted to do a full "control" test.

Unplayable mess, regardless of settings. Just borrowed a friends crossfire 290X setup with different branded cards....same deal.

Haven't tried GTAv on the new drivers, will test it out later.

Had no issues with stuttering on the last set of Beta's though, only bug was the AA glitches in GTA5 so do hope that I do not experience stutter now.

Very tempted to go from my 7970 crossfire to a 980ti at this rate.

I've noticed in the Witcher 3 the TemporalAA disabled has a habit of enabling itself again in the rendering.ini file. No idea how but just something to be aware of if flicker starts again. Also Quadfire (2 x 7990's) doesn't seem to work, not utilization showing for the other 2 GPU's in afterburner, but never mind. Also hairworks looks terrible now, as in hair doesn't seem to move, if I enable it under xfire, but ok on single gpu.

Haven't tried GTAv on the new drivers, will test it out later.

Had no issues with stuttering on the last set of Beta's though, only bug was the AA glitches in GTA5 so do hope that I do not experience stutter now.

Very tempted to go from my 7970 crossfire to a 980ti at this rate.

GTA5 still smooth as butter, 95% card utilisation on both cards with no stutter, MSAA bug/artifact in bottom right hand corner still present as expected.

Still happy, will try elite as not played it yet.

GTA V running nicely on the new 15.5 drivers here too. Seem to be getting the same frame rate as with the 15.4 drivers (60 in town, 50-55 in the country), but feels a little smoother the few times the frame rate dips into the 45-50 range (lots of action off-road). The smoother bit could easily be placebo, but definitely not worse than 15.4 were.

Back
Top Bottom