• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Crossfire isn't working for me in Witcher 3, Crossfire disabled yields between 27-34fps or so, Crossfire enabled is ~ 17-34fps with flickering also. Not sure if my CPU is to blame.

Does the stuttering occur if afterburner is not running but CCC is?

Can't think of any logical reason why CCC would cause stutter, so my guess is something else is causing it.

It looks like it is the afterburner monitoring that may be causing my stuttering, if I pause it then the games are fine.

Crossfire isn't working for me in Witcher 3, Crossfire disabled yields between 27-34fps or so, Crossfire enabled is ~ 17-34fps with flickering also. Not sure if my CPU is to blame.

Turn of AA in post processing in game. Mine was the same until I turned that off then my fps doubled. Theres still quite a lot of flickering though which is a shame as stated in the driver notes.
I would have rather they just release the witcher 3 profile when it actually works properly. I tried to stick with the flickering for a few hours but it spoils it too much for me.

These are my settings

OeTOwTr.png

ObzgdtL.png

Have you followed our support guide KB? This will help you ensure CrossFire is working properly.

Disable TemporalAA
Double check you're running Full Screen Mode and not Borderless
Disable in game AA

For extra perofrmance disable NVidia GameWorks effects, HairWorks and HBAO+. Alternatively you can keep HairWorks on, but remove the excessive tessellation with the slider in Catalyst Control Center.

It looks like it is the afterburner monitoring that may be causing my stuttering, if I pause it then the games are fine.

Interesting. Try enabling Unified Gpu Usage Monitoring, or try increasing the monitoring time to 3,000. Or perhaps you're trying to monitor too many things at once, try removing some.

Have you followed our support guide KB? This will help you ensure CrossFire is working properly.

Disable TemporalAA
Double check you're running Full Screen Mode and not Borderless
Disable in game AA

For extra perofrmance disable NVidia GameWorks effects, HairWorks and HBAO+. Alternatively you can keep HairWorks on, but remove the excessive tessellation with the slider in Catalyst Control Center.

Cheers Matt. I did do all that but still had the issue, will have another play with the settings and see if it can be improved.

Interesting. Try enabling Unified Gpu Usage Monitoring, or try increasing the monitoring time to 3,000. Or perhaps you're trying to monitor too many things at once, try removing some.

If I raise the time to 4000-5000 it's fine, and only monitoring 12 items, I will just disable afterburner only use it to lower the volts anyway.

Should I disable ULPS in MSI AB matt? Does it offer any improvement in game performance?

No performance deficit these days, only really applies to Crossfire users as you can better monitor gpu statistics and control second gpu voltage with it disabled. If you do disable it with a single gpu then it will stop the gpu going to sleep and it will stop the fan from moving when the monitor light powers off. I'd leave it enabled with a single gpu. :)

Back
Top Bottom