• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

The only change is we pushed out a fix to correct the flickering that was caused by the Fallout 4 patch 1.3 which affected the new CrossFire profile.

The release notes hint at more?

Highlights
Performance/Quality improvements and an AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Rise of the Tomb Raider™
An AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Fallout 4

The only change is we pushed out a fix to correct the flickering that was caused by the Fallout 4 patch 1.3 which affected the new CrossFire profile.

Quite impressed how quickly that issue was fixed.

The release notes hint at more?

Highlights
Performance/Quality improvements and an AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Rise of the Tomb Raider™
An AMD Crossfire™ profile is available for Fallout 4

They are the same release notes as the original hotfix driver.

Matt, is there any need to turn off ULPS in windows 10 anymore? I just reinstalled and did a quick test run before i turned off ULPS and it was running fine, i then tested a few overclocks and pushed the cards but still no instability and they just seem to run fine now.

I dunno if anyone else is getting this, but i used to get instability issues when i forgot to disable it before.

Matt, are you guys aware of the issue with overclocking? I used to have MSI Afterburner start at windows startup and apply my overclocks on windows startup which its done for as long as ive had my 290x.
However even since trying crimson out it started black screening me at windows start screen.

Only way to fix this was load into safe mode and un-install crimson. I later found that by disabling MSI afterburner from loading windows startup and disabling loading the overclock profile at windows startup while using crimson it would stop this issue of black screening from happening.

Matt, are you guys aware of the issue with overclocking? I used to have MSI Afterburner start at windows startup and apply my overclocks on windows startup which its done for as long as ive had my 290x.
However even since trying crimson out it started black screening me at windows start screen.

Only way to fix this was load into safe mode and un-install crimson. I later found that by disabling MSI afterburner from loading windows startup and disabling loading the overclock profile at windows startup while using crimson it would stop this issue of black screening from happening.

I had this very problem but sadly I can't really remember exactly what I did that fixed the problem. I think I uninstalled everything including MSI AB. I did revert back to 15.11.1 beta for while but installed Crimson 16.1 beta when it was released and I think that fixed everything. Currently I have MSI AB set so that the 2D and 3D profile is exactly the same. This should theoretically make sure the voltages stay the same even at bootup.

I know that I used to get a blackscreen and lockup even if MSI AB was set to stock clocks. It's probably something MSI AB does upon loading that causes the issue.

Last edited:
I would love to get rid of MSI AB and RT but I can't give up undervolting my gpu to -37, it decreases the temp and fan speed so much + there is nothing else out there as good for PC info. when testing settings etc. :(

Have you guys tried playing with AB compatibility settings? Like disabling low-level hardware access interface and low-level IO driver.

Have you tried Sapphire Trixx?

Nah, does it have all of that then (CPU, memory, VRAM usage overlay)? As well as being able to take good quality screenshots?

Can't say I have ever had any serious crashes/issues with AB+RT, I would just prefer not to run them in the background as sometimes I see people saying it affects performance for them.

For screenshots I use stream and tick save uncompressed image or my recording software action.

For monitoring system I run hwinfo64 but only if I want to monitor system, most of the time it's disabled. For frame per second on games I use steams own built in overlay it even works with almost all non-steam games I have added.

Back
Top Bottom