• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

I just spent a couple of hours in ROTTR and just like yesterday it ran perfectly and checking temps afterwards shows it hit a max of 76 so it's all back to normal and was clearly an Afterburner thing not a driver thing.

Ive uninstalled afterburner now, it just seems to cause more problems than its worth atm. Im using Trixx for the overclock and hwinfo64+RTSS for the overlay and LCD info. The only thing i miss from AB is the profile hotkeys as i used them quite a bit but im sure i can spare a second to switch profiles when needed.

Last edited:
You need to disable unified gpu monitoring to do that, but it's not really advisable to do that. I only turned it off for the one test.

See this post, mine is just perfect now, regularly sitting around 100fps with great scaling. Since I got the shadow boost mod, weirdly crossfire has been brilliant.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29141563&postcount=10412

I've always had the shadowboost mod active, so unfortunately that didn't fix it for me.

I spent a lot of time yesterday playing around with a lot of settings and seem to have found the culprit for the stuttering... HBAO+, which looks great and had no perceivable impact on frame rates when running a single fury X, is what has caused most of the stuttering for me with crossfire enabled. Changing to SSAO results in much smoother gameplay, however, in this mode the AO effect in game constantly flickers (in exactly the same way as forcing AFR or using the crisis 3 profile did in the older 15.11.1 drivers). So it seems like they haven't resolved the AO issues in their profile, but it's something I can live with. Anyone else confirm they have the SSAO shimmering with CF enabled? If so I should prob raise it as an issue on the drivers forum.

So is this an AMD or ROTTR issue.... Look at the shadows at the left side on the wall:

gu8Zg2Rh.png.jpg

If I stay in the same spot and just move the camera upwards, the shadow move upwards too, it also looks really jaggy, noticed a few odd issues with the shadows in this game tbh, they just don't seem to "adjust" properly

jFvmOZXh.png.jpg

So is this an AMD or ROTTR issue.... Look at the shadows at the left side on the wall:

If I stay in the same spot and just move the camera upwards, the shadow move upwards too, it also looks really jaggy, noticed a few odd issues with the shadows in this game tbh, they just don't seem to "adjust" properly

If I remember rightly you running medium shadows? The render distance is cut and you will notice pop-ins even on high to remove it I use very High on both shadows renders them at a much far distance and for me they wasn't much change in performance 5fps max

Yeah I am running medium shadows with high soft sun spot so that will explain the jaggies although it was awful looking in motion and true, the shadow distance render will be reduced..... but by that much?!

Can't check atm but iirc azer.... something, literally just after you save Jacob's daughter and get the explosive tip arrow to clear a path for them to get to the tower.

If this is an AMD issue, then I wonder if it is like GTA 5 with regards to w10 and the flickering mini map etc.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28946925&postcount=11

Although badboy with nvidia has said that he has noticed issues with shadows too:

I've noticed shadow problems tbh. Sometimes I see background shadows through foreground characters

So looking like an issue with the game possibly.

The big mountain on the left side in the background :p There is a video showing it in action:

Turning off sun soft shadows fixes it though. Happens to nvidia users too so AMD driver developers can relax :D :p

hi anyone know how to get xfire profiles working on Project cars ? every driver i use (crim 16.1.1 atm) i cant getting working. when i try it c.a.r.s profile or pcars my fps just half's 15- 35 fps i tried every setting there is 1x1 afr deleting the config files startup commands nothing works.

for example single card 1080p start of the race 35-50 fps, xfire 15-25

even if i bump the res up using vsr and max the settings
the fps stay the same 15-25 in xfire ??

note i have ULPS disabled

just have to have it disabled and the same with assetto tbh but i noticed assetto profile gone in crimson ???

i've asked on the pcars forum but no one can help there so i thought ill try here :)
thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone play Lego Worlds with the latest Crimson? Using clockblocker + Trixx (no AB) and i get plunges from 300fps to 0fps (gpu usage falls off to 0% load). This is running anything from 800x600 in a window and low settings to 4k full screen both just idle at the main menu.

Does anyone play Lego Worlds with the latest Crimson? Using clockblocker + Trixx (no AB) and i get plunges from 300fps to 0fps (gpu usage falls off to 0% load). This is running anything from 800x600 in a window and low settings to 4k full screen both just idle at the main menu.
Following up from this. Had some downtime tonight so installed a spare SSD, a fresh copy of W10 on to it, latest Crimson drivers, Steam then Lego Worlds installed and nothing else added. Game still lagged :rolleyes:

Following up from this. Had some downtime tonight so installed a spare SSD, a fresh copy of W10 on to it, latest Crimson drivers, Steam then Lego Worlds installed and nothing else added. Game still lagged :rolleyes:

have you checked your core clock?

my core clock on my 390 is all over the place unless I use AB to tell it to run at 1010mhz and that causes me issues

Back
Top Bottom