• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
Tbh m8 that's ****ing shocking considering the game is like 8/9 months old!!!!

:(

Yup, it runs so much smoother on a single card.

Yeah and everyone forgets that at some point before the gazillion of game patches xfire was working fantastic in that game. Then Rockstar started 'fixing' things and everything went downhill.

Yeah im sure at some patch point, the performance went to ****, ive never had it run well in Xfire, as i went Xfire after RS started 'fixing' it :(

Im going to be sticking to single cards from now on, still, least i gave Xfire a go :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
The thing is, AMD are talking up mgpu in a big way over the next few years, more AMD BS more than likely. But there's every chance it might improve, and mgpu when it works will always be faster than 1 single top tier card.

Multi for Dx12 that'll be, which is no good to me on Win 7, and i won't be going 10 if you can't have full screen, FreeSync/Gsync, and locked to 60Hz etc....

Caporegime
Huh, you confused me. Where has anyone said dx12 will be locked to 60fps and not compatible with freesync/gsync on windows 10.

Windows store isn't it, as everyone up in arms over ROTTR on there, not doing full screen etc..., and didn't someone say if you get the games on Steam instead, they still have to go through Microsofts pipe as well or something ?

Last edited:
Permabanned
The thing is, AMD are talking up mgpu in a big way over the next few years, more AMD BS more than likely. But there's every chance it might improve, and mgpu when it works will always be faster than 1 single top tier card.

That tells me to leave it for a couple of years and then look into it again, By then we may have most the big titles on DX12 and more of a chance of there being better consistent results, I tried crossfire back when it was just bridged before the micro stutter was fixed and within a month of daily use I went back to a single gpu, I almost gave it another go when the 290/x introduced bridgless because from what I've read it does out perform SLI when it works but now I'm sitting back to see how much grunt the next gen provides and will go from there. I plan on going 3440x1440 at some point along with freesync so it'll depend on the next flagship whether I need 2. Whatever happens I'll definitely be getting something with the same amount or more ram than Nvidia's gaming flagship.

Soldato
Windows store isn't it, as everyone up in arms over ROTTR on there, not doing full screen etc..., and didn't someone say if you get the games on Steam instead, they still have to go through Microsofts pipe as well or something ?

Yeah that's just Windows store games, rather than DX12 and Windows 10 though isn't it?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah that's just Windows store games, rather than DX12 and Windows 10 though isn't it?

Yeah its Windows Store, but im not sure if its also games not through there as well, i.e Steam, as i did read somewhere in another thread, someone said, even if the games are through Steam etc..., they still have to go through Microsofts pipe, so will have the same limits, i can't really remember tbh, it was a thread about ROTTR on the Store not doing fullscreen, no Xfire/SLi, no G/FreeSync, 60Hz etc... where i read it.

Last edited:
Soldato
if Freesync/Gsync will not be compatible with DX12 and Windows 10 then expect one hell of a **** storm. That would be the biggest joke in years, Freesync and Gsync are huge game changers. Add to the Xfire/Sli not working in DX12 after it's been stated that DX12 should be great for Mgpu is a huge WTF.

This has got me all confused.

Caporegime
if Freesync/Gsync will not be compatible with DX12 and Windows 10 then expect one hell of a **** storm. That would be the biggest joke in years, Freesync and Gsync are huge game changers. Add to the Xfire/Sli not working in DX12 after it's been stated that DX12 should be great for Mgpu is a huge WTF.

This has got me all confused.

Yup, its got me confused to hell as well :p

Man of Honour
DX12 is starting to look like an epic fail for PC gaming.

With poor mGPU support and problems with FreeSync/Gsync it could actually be the end for PC gaming by driving people onto the consoles.

Soldato
I just dont get it kaap, we got AMD talking about the future of mgpu looking very positive on dx12 then on the other hand I read here that dx12 and Windows 10 will screw Freesync/Gsync and no mgpu support. I'm seriously confused, I thought it was just Windows store games that couldn't support mgpu, FS/GSYNC and lock frames to 60fps. I'm totally befuddled

Associate
I am pretty sure that is the case Tony, other dx 12 games not on the windows store work fine with sync and multi-gpu

+1

Yes I believe it is only games running out of Windows store that currently have these issues. Games running DX12 on Windows 10 are fine with Free/G-Sync.

As the Hitchhikers Guide says "Don't panic!"
:D

Back
Top Bottom